Well, it has been over a year (14 months to be exact) that I have more or less stuck with my running routine. Minus the few months I was sans treadmill and I only ran outside a little bit during the summer, I have been pretty good about running at least three days a week unless I was sick. After getting our new treadmill back in October I felt like I would have to start back at square one, but it is amazing what our bodies can remember how to do and adapt back to what they are capable of and then some. I'm able to run continuously farther than I ever have in my entire life, but I do notice the constant running is hard on my feet and I realize why runners have so many leg, hip, and foot injuries. The bones on the top of my left foot are currently very sore, but not too discouraging. I never thought I would be in better shape at age 31 than when I was 21, but I still have a long way to go. I hope I can continue to say that as I age another year I am also improving my health. As women we tend to make ourselves believe that just because we weigh more than we did when we were younger, that we aren't in as good of shape. But I know that when I was 21 and weighed 20 pounds less than I do now, I couldn't go out and run 5 miles straight without keeling over and dying. Ha!
I saw a good quote the other day that made me laugh. It said "I love dessert, therefore I run." I think that about sums it up for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I am so impressed with your running. You deserve a big pat on the back. It's such a huge feeling of accomplishment! I love it too. Now I just need it to warm up a bit, so I can get back out there! :)
Post a Comment