The kids were seriously over the moon excited to open something up each day. We opted to open the gift in the morning before everyone went on their respective ways. Each individual gift was also labeled with a nice little thought and instructions or ideas for what to do with it.
Some of the gifts included:
-Christmas CD and fudge
-Christmas coloring and activity books
-Cookie mixes, recipes, and cookie cutters
-ornaments
-Christmas movies
-Pancake mix, syrup, and Spam - yes my family (minus me) loves spam
-Cute Christmas bowl filled with candy
-Christmas books (My mom bought the Night Before Christmas where you can record yourself telling the story. Our kids love listening to grandma's voice.)
-Hot cocoa and candy canes
-Money (to use to do a good deed with)
-Money (just for us to use for something fun)
-Pajamas for all the kids
The pajamas were the very last gift the kids got to open on Christmas Eve when their grandma and grandpa were here. I got them some slippers too to open with them.
I wish I would have taken more pictures of the kids opening these gifts every day. It was seriously so fun and gave them something to look forward to. It added lots of extra Christmas spirit around our house and a few of the things coincidentally coincided with things we were doing with our service advent. Pretty neat!
Here are the kids in their new pj's on Christmas Eve:
We really appreciated the effort by my parents and for making our holidays merrier and brighter!







2 comments:
That is awesome! My mom did that for us a few years ago and it was so much to fun to open something new each day. My kids loved it. Awesome grandparents are the best!
Prof I do not see you enough anymore. I hardly recognize Morgan. He is all grown up.
Post a Comment