School was cancelled again for today and I think the novelty of the snow is starting to wear off for the kids. They all wanted to go outside shortly after breakfast this morning, but the twins only lasted 10 minutes and Kendle came in shortly after them. Morgan is still holding out strong. He's waving an icicle around like a wand and pretending to be Harry Potter. He shouted "Avada Kedavra" at me, so I'm not sure if I should be worried or not that my 4 year old put a death curse on me.
The roads are just horrible, so I don't really want to take my chances venturing out. I'm such a chicken with bad roads (especially if the kids are with me). The snow plows don't come around to all of our little streets so they are seriously a mess. Riley did his good deed for the day when he went out before work and helped one of our neighbors get their car unstuck when they were trying to back out of their driveway. I tried to convince him to shovel our walkways and driveway again last night, but he was positive from the weather reports that it was going to melt off and start raining later today anyways so he'd rather not waste his time. I had him go to the grocery store last night and at least get us stocked up for a few more days just in case.
Today I'm making some homemade chili and letting it simmer all day long. We'll have chili and cornbread for dinner. I think we need to replenish the cookie supply as well so we will probably be making some after lunch. Lots more movie watching in store too. I'm starting to get cabin fever a bit. Hard to keep all of the kids entertained and happy when we start to feel cooped up. I really need to mop my floors, but what's the point when there is a constant flow of wet footprints and snow being tracked everywhere? Kendle had a sleepover at her neighbor friends house last night and has been hanging out with the neighborhood girls non-stop which is good. If I keep her busy that solves half the problems. Ha!
Well, hard to get motivated to do much besides curl up in front of the fire with a book, but I better get folding some laundry and throw all the wet snow gear in the dryer.
January 20, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment