
She is excited to be a peer helper this year, and have the opportunity to participate in some other great activities offered to the 5th graders. She really didn't want me walking her to class on the first day or taking pictures of her, but I told her to deal with it since it was her last year at that school I was definitely taking picutres.
I tend to joke with Kendle that she is like the "Pide Piper" for younger kids. Everywhere she goes she has a small fan club of kids that latch on to her and follow her around. On the first day of school as we got out of our car to walk to the playground, another little girl ran up to Kendle, threw her arms around her and gave her a huge hug. It was a little girl that rode her bus last year and was so excited to see her! I had to laugh. Also, she is very good to help our little neighbor friend across the street and walks her to the bus stop in the mornings. I tease her that if she was this nice all the time to her own younger siblings, it would help me out a lot! She is a good egg though and I'm glad she is at least nice to other people's kids. Ha!
This is a busy time of year for us with fall softball, soccer, and everything else so it always seems as if September and October fly by so fast and it is November before we know it, but I do love this time of year with the chillier mornings and sunny afternoons and look forward to the weeks to come.


No comments:
Post a Comment