Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




December 6, 2012

Thanskgiving 2012

This year as usual we went to my parents house in Irrigon for Thanksgiving. It was a small gathering with just Tamra, Tucker, Jim, my parents and our family. My mom's Thanksgiving dinner is something I look forward to every year. She makes the best stuffing and gravy and pies........ok I am getting hungry again. I contributed the sweet potatoes this year (which were way too sweet) and have also become the official roll maker. I sadly did not take any pictures this year of dinner or everyone that was there. I did however eat a very large amount of delicious food and enjoy being with my family and just relaxing together and laid on the couch like a loafer most of the day.

That night we drove back home and had a babysitter lined up for the kids so we could go do some late night/early morning Black Friday shopping. I've never really done Black Friday shopping or really wanted to, but we thought if we got a babysitter and Riley and I went together it might be fun and a night out none the less. So what the heck. The first store we went to was crazy, but the others were fine and we scored some great deals. I thought all in all most everyone was polite and helpful and it wasn't that bad of an experience and I might even go as far to say that we had fun.

Saturday we met up my family at the fairgrounds in Hermiston for the second year in a row to see the Christmas lights and ride in the horse drawn carriage. It is always fun and the kids love it. Here is grandma Melodee and the kids waiting for our ride:




I love this picture of them all with grandma. I am thankful for this time of year when we are reminded and can reflect on our many blessings and spend more time with those we love.








1 comment:

Betsy said...

Love the picture. Kendle is such a pretty girl. Of course, your boys are adorable.