Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




May 3, 2007

Large belly

Ok. So at my doctor's appointment this morning I was told yet again that my stomach measurements are a bit larger than average. I'm not sure why my doctor feels the need to keep beating this point to death. I get it. I have a huge belly. I have large babies. Yes, my measurements are above average. Thanks doc for making an already awkward, waddling pregnant lady feel even better about herself. Every time I sit down I feel like I am squishing the life out of this baby inside me, and I feel it's protests in the form of a hard kick or push right by the ribs. And is there anything worse than when random people come up to you and try to rub your belly? Does this bother any one else, or am I just overly sensitive?

11 comments:

Kris said...

You are so funny! I remember those days. Love the Big Eyes that they give when that number is written down. I feel the same way. Just remember no dr. knows what you are going through. You look AWESOME! I'm so happy that you are having a baby boy and hey, you have healthy babies. That is what matters most!

Marilyn said...

Sarah, well some people know how to put their foot in their mouth. You know FIRST HAND that I am an expert at doing that. You really are one of the most adorable pregnant persons I've ever seen.

Sarah said...

You guys are way too nice. Seriously, keep the compliments coming. J/K (no I'm not)

hatch said...

Sara I am with you on the random people wanting to touch your belly. I think that is so weird. I could not imagine doing that to someone. By the way you look great!

Kris said...

Hey Sarah,

I'm having so much fun. Just checking to see if my picture will show up when I leave a comment. Thought I'd experiment with your blog! hehe Thanks!

meohmyers said...

You are an adorable pregnant woman! I get the random people rubbing the belly thing, but I loved when my friends did it. My belly was so huge by the end of my pregnancy with Maddie that I was knocking things over with it! How big was Kendle when she was born? Maddie was my biggest baby at 8#1oz. You really are cute!!

Sarah said...

Kendle was 10.1, I had some problems with gestational diabetes a little and I gained like 65 pounds. This time around things have been much better, I've learned to watch my sugars more and to walk and keep active and it has really helped. I'm just praying for an 8 or even a 9 pounder this time.

meohmyers said...

I was borderline gestational diabetes with my first 3 pregnancies and diagnosed full-fledged GB at 9 weeks with Maddie. It was an extremely LONG pregnancy, but luckily controlled with diet and exercise. You should come walking with me and Heather on the bike path by the river on Fridays at 9:15. We push our strollers and Ally rides her bike. It's fun!

meohmyers said...

(Typo: GD not GB) :)

Heather said...

Don't you love Dr's sometimes?? I had one Doctor tell me I needed to lose weight while I was preg. It was the worst feeling EVER! Cuz you know, I just love gaining 70 lbs. in a matter of months- it's what I'm all about.

Anyway, you look great!!!

Anonymous said...

Anytime someone comes up to rub your belly, you should just go ahead and reach over and rub theirs. I've never tried this approach, but I'm guessing it might keep them from doing it again!

You are adorable, Sarah!
Love,
Deb