Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




May 4, 2007

My little sis


This is my little sister Tamra who I admire so much. She is such a good kid. I would like to take a little bit of credit for how cool she is, but she might disagree. Not only do I think she is beautiful, but she is funny and smart. I'm always telling my daughter Kendle that it's more important to be smart than anything else, because I feel sometimes that as little girls we are raised to think that being cute and pleasing is everything. Tamra just found out she is next year's National Honor Society President after being this year's vice president. I don't know how she does it. She goes to early morning seminary, then drives 15 minutes to school where she carries a full load with half of them being college level classes. She then goes to softball practice and is lucky if she is home by six o'clock to start home work and grab a bite to eat. All this while getting straight A's. What an example she is to me of hard work. She's not afraid to have her own unique style, (she's a little bohemian) and takes great fashion risks without caring about what anyone else will think. That's bravery because I remember being in high school and always worrying about what everone else thought about me. The world needs more Tamra's. I want Kendle to be just like her aunt Tam.

10 comments:

Kris said...

You and your sister are both just so beautiful. I want to see a picture of your mom too. I bet you all look the same. I think it's so great that you get to go to Tamara's games and watch her. I'm sure if she doesn't appreciate it right now, later in life she'll look back and see how supportive you and Riley have been to her. That's how I was when I was in High School. Nothing at the time meant a lot to me, but looking back I realize how much my family supported me! You are a great sister!

Kris said...

Oh by the way. Love the pictures of Kendle that you posted. She's getting so big! It's so fun! She has a great smile!!

Marilyn said...

Sarah, your sister is gorgeous just like you. And yay! for her for working so hard to get the most out of her education.

Kendle will grow up to be a smart young lady, she already is the smartest little girl I've ever met. She's adorable.

meohmyers said...

Wow, you both are beautiful! What a lucky little sister to have you to praise, encourage and acknowledge her hard work. What a great example she is to Kendle.

momtovey said...

I love both of my great girls!

Heather said...

What good big sis you are!

Ruby Cottage Wedding Garden said...

Hi Sarah! My first time at your blog. Your sister and I share a name (although spelled a little different). You are both gorgeous. I agree that smart is more important than beautiful and even more important than both of those is hard working. I know a lot of people who have the looks and the brains but have no work ethic, so they waste those gifts. You come from a hard working family so I am preaching to the choir here aren't I?

Nancie said...

Tam is a super cute girl, and lucky to have a fun sis like you. Im blessed to know the Tovey clan.

Sarah said...

You guys are all way too nice. I hope everyone doesn't think I'm fishing for compliments to tell me I'm as cute as my sister, HA! And I agree with you Tami, a good work-ethic will take you far in life.

Anonymous said...

We think she's pretty awesome too! Would we expect anything less from a Tovey?