.jpg)
Our little Morgan boy is now about a week old and we are starting to get back to "normal", whatever that is, around our home. Or I guess I should say that now I'm ready for things to be back to normal. Riley is back at work (and golfing), Kendle is busy playing with friends and getting dirty, and I'm bouncing back into my role as the coordinator of our busy little household. Being a mom is sure an extraordinary thing.
Morgan has been a dream baby so far, ( me knocking on wood) and we have enjoyed every minute of his presence. We have already come up with a couple of nicknames for the little guy - Starvin Marvin the little old man, and Jr., which is Kendle's contribution. The little old man nickname stemmed from how hungry he is when he wakes up and he wrinkles his forehead like a little old man. I put him on his tummy yesterday to get some exercise and he rolled over - twice! What is with my kids? It's like I took steroids or something while I was pregnant. It's got me a little scared now that he's saving up all of that sleep for something else?!
The fun of the baby has already started wearing off for Kendle and I am glad we have had so many friends and family members to make her feel special and take her to do fun things. I already feel the change in our relationship and it makes me sad and guilty. I know all of you mom's can understand what I mean. I don't want to miss out on anything with her either. Luckily Morgan has been sleeping so much that I have quite a bit of time in between feedings, and snuggles. If anyone has some good advice on how you handled the new baby thing with your older children, let me know.
Anyways, life is good for the Dodson fam. I hope to get back in the full swing of things soon. Back to juggling life as we know it.


9 comments:
sarah, i know i may be going against the grain here but in my opinion, morgan looks alot like you in this picture. he reminds me of my little chub boy when he was a baby. (what are you trying to do, give me baby-itis!) i've got to see this kid roll over to believe it...that is insane. the best thing you can do is spend as much time with kendle as possible. (maybe have riley watch morgan while you go out with just kendle) whenever something positive is said about the baby, i would try to give the older child a compliment too. even though you will have less one-on-one time with kendle she will forever be grateful for her brother.(even when they fight!)
WOW!! Seriously get that video camera out. He can't be rolling over at 1 week of age. I know how you feel about feeling like you don't have much alone time with Kendle. I agree with Natallie a few one on one times with her will boost her spirits and yours. But remember, she will adjust to life with Jr. and it will get better! He's so cute! I need to come and see him again! I feel it too. Baby-itis is easy to get just looking at him!! :)
Oh Sarah, Morgan is so cute! I'm lovin his chunky little cheeks. He looks so long to me too.
Kendle will adjust to this new change. It's a little rocky at first, but it will improve. This is a huge deal for her and you. My first and second are only 20 months apart. When we brought Josh home from the hospital, I think Hannah was wondering when we were going to take that baby back to his real mom. She was mad at me for the first week or so. If she got hurt, she would run to Grandma even if I was right there. It broke my heart. But it did get better.
I agree with Nattalie, take any one on one time you can squeeze in with Kendle. Even if your relationship is changing with Kendle, that's not exactly a bad thing. Take this opportunity to help her see what a big girl she really is!
It's so funny to me that I'm rambling on like I actually know you and your little family! Maybe someday we'll run into eachother in "real life"!
Don't feel guilty. The next few weeks are going to be an adjustment for your entire family, and Kendle will make it through unscathed and with flying colors. She is a very impressive little girl. Just do the best you can.
I always love reading with my older children while the baby is eating. They appreciate the mom time, and I appreciate all of my children being quiet.:)
He is so sweet!
My advice is to follow your gut and know that Kendle will be a-ok. It is a big adjustment but it's one that almost every child has to go through and as long as you continue to love on her as much as you do, she'll be brilliant.
Hang in there! You're doing great!
Oh, my gosh, he's so cute! I can't wait to get some snuggle time with him. If I remember right, Maelin rolled over for the first time when she was a couple weeks old. Didn't last long - she got too chubby to pull off that trick until she was a few months older. I'm so glad to hear he's been so good for you.
That is one cute baby! I am glad you are starting to feel like things are back to normal! I remember how Dylan was when we brought Chloe home. On her second day home he said, Ok take her back to the hospital! He had a really hard time with it. I agree with PRP just follow your gut and everything will be okay. I can not wait to see the baby!
He is so gosh darn cute. I can totally see tovey in him in this picture.
You will feel guilty, but im sure Kendle doesn't feel as bad as you do. Just because kids bounce back quick.
She needs some more cam and kendle fight time...I'll call and come get her next week!
thanks for all of the advice everyone. i've just been so emotional about the whole thing lately and it's good for me to hear positive feedback from you all that things will get better.
Post a Comment