Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




September 20, 2007

Seasons may change....


September-By Helen HuntJackson


The goldenrod is yellow;

The corn is turning brown;

The trees in apple orchards

With fruit are bending down.



The gentian's bluest fringes

Are curling in the sun;

In dusky pods the milkweed

Its hidden silk has spun.








The sedges flaunt their harvest

In every meadow-nook;

And asters by the brookside

Make asters in the brook.








From dewy lanes at morning

The grapes' sweet odors rise;

At noon the roads all flutter

With yellow butterflies.






By all these lovely tokens

September days are here,

With summer's best of weather,

And autumn's best of cheer




Have a lovely weekend

9 comments:

tharker said...

Absolutely lovely.

Loved all of the pictures. I want to go run through a pumpkin patch with my kids now!

Happy September.

dandee said...

Happy fall to you, thank you for this. It reminded me of one of my most favorite quotes. I'll post it next week.

::lindsay said...

I love the Fall! It truly is just a wonderful time of year.

Marilyn said...

Great pictures that totally encapsulate the way I feel about fall.

Heather said...

Encapsulate?? Wow Marilyn that says it all!!

Nancie said...

pretty picts.
pumpkin patch/corn maze rules!

Marilyn said...

Are you mocking me Heather??

meohmyers said...

This was beautiful!

The Garden Maiden said...

I love that poem and the pictures!