Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




September 17, 2007

Sports Wrap up

We had a busy weekend of being sports fans once again. It all started off on Thursday afternoon when I went to watch my stud muffin little sister play volleyball.
















Her team won three straight to win the match and she lead her team with amazing kills and kill blocks. Her and her team were seriously on fire. It was awesome and so fun to watch.










































It was a non-league game, but it got their confidence level up for their back to back games on Saturday which opened their league play. I wasn't able to go so my mom kept me updated through out the day. They left at five in the morning to travel all of the way to John Day Oregon. They played Grant Union High School first and beat them in three straight. Then they traveled to Burns, OR to play last year's state champs and their league champ for I don't know how many years. Let me just say, Burns knows their stuff. To say they are good would be a huge understatement. There is not much else to do in Burns, and those girls pretty much play volleyball year round. Tam's team didn't win, but my mother reported that they played them very tough and did a lot of good things and that Burns made lots of mistakes that we didn't. So overall, Tam's team is off to a good start and I'll be going to watch them play again this coming Thursday.

Friday night we went to the Pasco vs. Moses Lake football game. My cousin Mitch Hill plays for M.L. so we thought it would be a good one to watch. Moses Lake ended up beating Pasco for the first time in I don't know how many years. Final score 34-21. Come on Bulldogs! I was really disappointed also that Moses Lake's tiny fan following was louder than Pasco's. Those games need to be a lot louder and rowdier, that's why they call it home field advantage people.


Saturday Kendle played in her second soccer game. She scored her first goal and was over the moon about it. Not sure if the fact that I promised her Dip 'n Dots helped or not, but it was awesome to see her finally get excited about playing. I know her coach was proud. They have some good kids on her team who are a lot bigger than her, and it's a miracle if they let someone else kick the ball or score a goal. Fun times. And boy was it hot.

The rest of the day was spent cleaning, baking and watching college football. When I tell people that I am married to a football fanatic, I am not exaggerating in the least. It used to really bother me, but then I learned to embrace it and actually enjoy it a lot more now. Oregon State played Idaho State and gave them a brutal beating of 61-10. It was a blowout. Idaho State is not very good, so it didn't really mean anything, but it was good for the Beavers to get another notch under their belt before their conference opener this week against Arizona State. WSU beat U of I on Saturday as well 45-28. Those poor Idaho teams.

Now I know I've told you that I'm not an NFL watcher, but I have to give a shout-out to former OSU quarterback Derrick Anderson, now playing for the Cleavland Browns, who threw for five touchdowns against the Bengals to lead his team to a 51-45 victory.





Also Beaver alum Chad Johnson , who plays for the Bengals had 209 receiving yards despite his teams loss. Ladies, if your husbands have either one of these players on their fantasy football team they are in good shape so far.

Well, that's all I've got. So till next time.....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

We got to go to the Beaver game Saturday, and a "blow out" does not even begin to describle the scenario. Even w/ their 2nd and 3rd string in they were still extremely mismatched.

Fun to hear all of Tam's accomplishments... what an amazing gal.

Kris said...

I finally got a chance to read your sports blog! I seriously look forward to it every week!

Way to go Tam! I think that is awesome! I love the pictures of her in action! That is so awesome and I'm glad her team is doing so good!

Way to go OSU! The Pasco Bulldogs better step it up a notch, or else it will be an interesting football season for them!

I didn't know about Derrick Anderson! So interesting. I didn't like him as a QB for OS! He was kinda clumsy and stuff, so I'm glad to hear that he did great!

Great Post Sarah! Your knowledge amazes me!

Marilyn said...

Your sister is adorable, she looks a lot like you!

Nancie said...

Love those VB bodies. Wish I was born with one. You and Tam sure were.
Who was the non-league game against where the picts were taken?
I think i can come watch on Thursday. Let me know I drive on over.

Sarah said...

Nan-they played Ione. Her game on Thursday is against Umatilla at Riverside, freshman/JV start at 4:00. I'm not sure if we have a freshman team or not, but that's what the schedule says. If they play all three teams, then Varsity will probably start around 6:00 or so. I'll let you know if I find out for sure.

PDX Toveys said...

Molly and I started on a blog to keep up with you all. Still working on the layout and such.. Our new MAC is a little different to work with but we'll firgure it out. Good report on the ft-ball, but just so you know it's Derek A. and don't forget about TJ Husyourmam (he also had two (2) tds. Weird to think I had a class with TJ at OSU and he showed up like twice.

Sarah said...

Jer, glad you guys got a blog started. So fun!It makes staying in touch so much easier. I got mom her own google id so she can sign in and leave comments on our pages. Can't wait to see your page.