
Isn't it cute? What a steal, I couldn't believe it. Not only is it an exact fit for the little corner in my kitchen, but it looks like it was made to pair with my black shelf that hangs above it.

This table from a store would have been at least twice as much as what I got it for, so I couldn't have been happier. After leaving Custer's, we drove to the Country Mercantile to shop some more. They have a ton of Christmas decor and ornaments on display, and of course the yummiest selection of goodies for miles around. It took us a long time to get out of there because there were so many neat things to look at. It was hard for me to not come out of there with an armful of sweets, but I did come away with some clever stocking stuffers and these cute ornaments:
By this time we had really worked up an appetite, so we headed back to town and stopped at Cousins for dinner. We visited and took our time, and it was so relaxing to not have to rush around. My super husband had told me to take our time and go do whatever we wanted for however long we wanted. He really is a great guy (especially during hunting season when he knows he needs to butter me up) and takes good care of the children while I'm gone. Funny story I have to insert here- Since he was going hunting this morning he loaded the kids up in the car to go scout some birds. Kendle loves to go on these little adventures with dad. Then he was planning on taking them to Walmart because he needed to buy some more contact solution. Well, they drive out to the fields and he smells a dirty diaper in process. So he had to head back home and unload the kids to change Morgan. By that time, he lost his motivation to head to Walmart. I just had to laugh when he was telling me this after I got home, because isn't that so typical of when you are trying to go anywhere with a baby? Oh, the life of a mom.
Anywho, it was the best day I've had in a long time and I realized I need to do more things like this with my mom and the rest of the girls in my family. This time of year makes me want to be around my family as much as I can. We ended the day with lots of goodies, good ideas for future crafts, and some great memories.


3 comments:
It looks like you guys had such a great time! I'm so happy that you were able to spend a good day with your mom and sister. That just makes me wish I lived closer to my family! I LOVE the table. It looks so cute! How cool that it matches your shelf perfectly, and you got it for such a good deal! So fun!
A day is always better when there is a good deal involved! Especially when you get to spend the day with people that you love. Your shelf does look great with that new table!
Just reading about the yummy treats out at Country Mercantile make me want to jump in the car right now and head out there to fill up a white paper sack with goodies.(of course the candy is ridiculously expensive out there, but entirely worth every penny!)
ARRGH!!! Why in the world do we live so flippin' far away from you??? That sounds like such a fun day! I love all the Christmas bizarre kind of stuff. I LOVE your new table, by the way. Looks fantastic!
Oh, it's just making me so sad we probably won't even see you this holiday season!
Post a Comment