
For our family home evening activity tonight we decided to play Monopoly. Last Christmas, someone bought us the deluxe edition and we have never used it, so it was a good time to break it in. I haven't played this game in years and years. At first we thought it would be a little complex for Kendle to keep up with, being only 5 after all, but boy did she catch on in a heart beat. She was a little real estate tycoon in no time flat. Every time a property came available she would snatch it up, or outbid someone else for it. Pretty soon she had almost as many houses on the board as Riley. Then there's myself, who managed to land on Riley and Kendle's properties over and over again, and be sent to jail one too many times. Even Morgan wanted to get in on the action, so I held him on my lap so he could crinkle up all of my money, much to Riley's dismay, (it's just pretend I had to remind him). We finally had to cut the game short because it was past Kendle's bedtime, but we were having so much fun we could have played for at least another hour or so. She ended up with a very substantial amount of money at the end; clearly the winner. It was so enjoyable to sit together and share some laughs and poke fun at each other's mishaps. No tantrums, no crying, just laid back quality togetherness. I love my fun little family.


6 comments:
How fun! I've never really enjoyed board games all that much, maybe that's because I always lose...but I do like playing them with my kids. How cute that Kendle was the little tycoon.
What is that behind Riley's chair? Or is it part of the chair? Whatever it is, it is COOL!
Tiffany-it's a big old mirror I picked up at Good Will for a couple of dollars and then sanded and repainted it. It's just leaning against the wall because I have not found a good place for it as of yet. Glad you like it.
Game nights are our favorite FHE's. My kids ask us all the time if we can just play games for FHE. I'm not surprised at all that Kendle was great at Monopoly, that just seems right up her alley.
We played Beaveropoly the other week for FHE! Yeah, the OSU Beavers Board Game! We did not last as long you guys did, but we did have fun! Tyler loves to play games and does so well. He wants Spongebob Monopoly for Christmas!
We've been on an UNO kick. Zack and Maelin LOVE it. We've also played a fair amount of Yahtzee and Go Fish. Fun family time...
Wow, I'm surprised there were no tantrums from Riley!! Glad you had fun. My family loves playing games!
Post a Comment