
Since early yesterday morning we've been dealing with the flu. I'm hoping it's just a 24 hour bug since Kendle seems to be feeling better and hasn't had anything come up since around 2:00 this morning. She woke up wanting to eat some toast which is a good sign. I'm sure the fact that it's Christmas tomorrow has sped up her recovery quite a bit. I'm just hoping the same fate isn't in store for the rest of us. I don't think I would be able to cope with being sick two Christmases in a row. We will probably not be having Riley's family over tonight because his sister has a two week old baby and I don't want to be responsible for getting anyone else sick. So we will be having a quiet Christmas Eve (which I don't mind) and getting our things ready for tomorrow. Our Christmas tradition is that we get up early (umm, early might be an understatement) and do our stockings and presents and then jump in the car in our pj's and drive down to my parents to do gifts with them. It is really fun. We have the car all loaded up the night before with our bags to stay the night there, and all of the gifts we are taking down. It's only about a 45 minute drive to Irrigon and they are usually just getting up and around by the time we get there. My mom always makes a yummy breakfast and we lounge around and watch the kids play with their toys.
So hopefully Santa doesn't catch the flu bug too, and all will be well come Christmas morning.
Merry Christmas to all!


4 comments:
You are actually not the first person I've talked to that has the flu bug around their house - how does the flu bug always know EXACTLY when Christmas is and strike then? Annoying. Hope no one else gets it (especially little Morgan!)...
Merry Christmas Sarah. I hope you guys are feeling better. Did you have a good Christmas? Our Christmas was fun and full of excitement. Jack is miserable though. He's got the cold, cough, and stuff nose. Not fun! We'll talk to you soon!
Oh I hope that you were able to make it to your parents Sarah.
Jake came down wit a fever last night, and Josh says he doesn't feel so great today too. I got the flu last year just a few days after Christmas. Being sick during the holidays is a real bust. I hope you're all doing well.
Lily was throwing up Christmas Eve and all Christmas morning too. It was awful but, by Christmas night she was totally back to herself. Ethan had it on Sunday. Hopefully we are finished with that and hopefully you guys are as well!
Post a Comment