I cannot believe that here it is, December 20th, and it's 50 degrees and sunny outside. I'm not big on having lots of snow, but this is the one time of year I can make an exception. It's hard to believe that Christmas is next week when I'm staring out the window at a bright, glorious day. I've been baking cookies all day and trying to tame the chaos which is my home. It's been nice to have a day finally where I don't have anywhere I have to be or go to. Morgan, by some chance slept in until 8:30 this morning (as did I). Kendle was up and around at her usual 6:30 or so, even though I tried to explain to her that she doesn't have to wake up so early any more because she's on Christmas vacation! I'm trying to get the kiddies rooms cleaned out before Santa brings his sack full of toys next week, and Kendle actually cleaned her room quite pleasantly yesterday afternoon. If you call shoving everything in the closet and under the bed cleaning, that is. (Imagine a huge exasperated sigh)
Last night I was able to join some friends for a night out to dinner and shopping , and we had our fare share of good food, laughing, and probably making every employee of every store we visited convinced that three insane (or insanely loud) women needed to get out more.

Can anyone guess where this was taken?
I was exhausted by the time I got home, but it was a lot of fun. And if anyone out there needs a personal shopper, or help finding something cute to wear, Natalie is your gal. Also, what is up with store's having ads for items they don't even have in their store, and employees thinking that you are lying about what you "think" you saw them advertise for. I just want a Hershey hot cocoa maker, is that too much to ask?!!!!!!
Well, I guess I'll get back to more cookie making and basking in the sunlight spilling through my window. And while I do, I'll be dreaming of a "White Christmas".
9 comments:
Hey Sarah!
Got your package in the mail today...YOU ROCK! Rich and I have been planning for over a month now to sit down and make our Holiday Mix CD. It's now Dec. 20th and we still have not done it, and thanks to you, we don't have to! LOVE IT!
Weather...is 50 degrees and raining really holiday weather? I don't know, but that's what we're getting down here!
Deb
yeah, i'm not liking the weather these days...especially when i walk into a store and i have dirt grit in my teeth and eyes from the wind gusts. thanks for the great time...i can't wait to see your skirt on you. i must admit i was craving my yummy cesear wrap again today. why are you so difficult with those poor salespeople that haven't a clue what's sold in their store or where it is for that matter? :)
This weather is so crazy. My sister said she got 6 inches of snow today! I'm wanting some snow too. As long as it melts after a few days! :) Looks like you gals had a great time. I wish I could've been there. My guess is Red Robin is where you ate dinner! I'm anxious to see all the new clothing that was purchased last night. You all will look so stylin' next time I see you!
It felt more like Christmas weather last week than right now. What's up with that?
That's great that you were able to have a fun gal's night. I'm needing one of those too!
I had enough freakin' snow on Snoqualmie pass (twice in one night). I'll take this sunshine.
How fun! I love girls night out! It sounds like you all had a blast.
I like the nice weather though because I don't like driving in the snow.
Just pretend you are spending christmas in hawaii. Pasco is so darn close to paradise.
Cute girls! Looks like a great time! I love RR for girls night out - which I need!!!
Heather your comment made me laugh!
It was FAB- thanks for the night.
I only like snow to ski on.
Post a Comment