Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




December 8, 2007

Special Girls Night












Last night I had the most enjoyable evening. My mother, sister, Kendle, and I had a special girls night out to attend "The Nutcracker" . It was beautiful and enchanting and you couldn't have seen a more delighted child in the audience than my daughter last night. I've been to see this performance before, but it was a very different experience this time around having her with me and seeing the excitement in her happy shining face. I was worried that there would be parts where she would lose interest, but she was on the edge of her seat the entire performance and clapped her little heart out. ( I think at one point her eyes actually started tearing up ). One of the most exciting things for her to see was her dance teacher performing as one of the adults. She kept shouting out "there's my teacher mom, there she is"! This was the first time my younger sister had been to a performance for the Nutcracker as well, and I think she had an enjoyable time too. But the icing on the cake for Kendle was that they were selling little crowns and streamer wands out in the lobby, and of course my mother had to get her one. We were sitting in our row at intermission and Kendle happened to see another little girl farther down the row that had the crown and wand and yelled out "why does THAT little girl have a crown"! The whole row in front of us just busts up laughing and again I had to wonder why I am so fortunate to have the loudest child in the universe.




Afterwards we decided to head to the new Target and do some shopping. There was hardly anyone there and it was so quiet. Haven't experienced that at Target in a long time. My sister found a cute dress for her Christmas party she's hosting, and I found a chic little black dress for quite a steal. As if I already didn't love that store enough!


To top off the night we treated ourselves to some ice cream and headed back home to see how the guys were holding up. It's amazing what a little pizza, football, and a trip to Sportsman's can do to keep the guys (Riley, Morgan, and my dad) entertained for the evening.


I am so glad that we were able to have such a fun and memorable night together and I can't wait to do it again next year. This was the best girls night out!


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun!!!! Sounds like a WONDERFUL evening...

Nancie said...

What a great pict. The nutcracker is a wonderful night out. I was introduced to that culture from the Mathews too. Come to think of it, I get a lot of my culture-ing from them...

tharker said...

I took Hannah and Josh to see The Nutcracker yesterday afternoon too. It is always a wonderful performance, and I love to see the look on Hannah's face as she is watching. Josh....I think this will be his last year. He got a little....well a lot really...bored. I however love it every single year!

So glad that Kendle got to go and had such a great time. I'm curious which black dress you got from Target. I got one last week too...wonder if it's the same!

Kris said...

This picture is so cute! What a fun tradition to go to the Nutcracker together! I still can't believe how tall Tamra is! Where does she get her height?? Looks like you guys had a great night! Glad your family lives close enough for you to see them so often! Yeah, I'm excited to see your new black dress. I bet it's so stylin'!

Anonymous said...

i bet kendle danced with the prince in her dreams... wait a second, i mean kicked some rat king tail.(whilst wearing her crown!)

::lindsay said...

I love going to the Nutcracker. I used to dance growing up so I absolutely loved going every year.

Heather said...

I haven't ever been.... maybe I'll do it someday.

Marilyn said...

It was great to see you there that night, and to see the HUGE smile on Kendle's face!

meohmyers said...

What a great picture! I would love to make this a tradition with my girls, too. We loved it last year!

The Garden Maiden said...

Precious memories and you have a BEAUTIFUL tree. You guys look pretty beautiful too!