After the weekend, our house usually looks like a bomb went off. My Mondays are always spent getting things back to normal, cleaning off the kitchen counters and dining table, putting random shoes away, salvaging the toys from under the couch,and setting things back in motion for our regular weekly routine. Our house really lacks storage space, and it's a constant challenge to keep the clutter at bay. I am currently in a war with clutter and one day this week I am going to go around the house with my yard sale box and get rid of anything I don't really love or need. It's seems like the more surfaces there are available to plunk things down on, the more stuff that will accumulate. Here's what I know:
A.) I need an office, this computer armoire can only hold so much
B.) I need to do better on the old rule of when you buy something new, out with something old.
It's also getting down to crunch time. This week I need to get cracking on these things:
-Start planning, packing, and shopping for our camping trip this weekend. Two adults,one child, and one baby. Hmmm....who do you think will need the most stuff?
-Get started on graduation gifts. REALLY need to get these done. I have some cute things planned for my little sis (and could be used for other grads) that I'll post about another time.
-Clean out car, fridge, and pantry.
-Plant our tree and shrubs before they die.
What's on your Disaster Patrol/To-do list for this week?
May 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


12 comments:
The name of the game today is LAUNDRY! I think we brought half of Waikiki Beach back with us in the kids pockets alone...
I hear ya about the clutter. It's amazing how every time I go through the house I can easily fill a couple of garbage bags of stuff we don't need.
I want to start to feel a little better, but I have to plant some flowers and put some food into some more buckets and weed the garden. I just hope its not too hot for that one..
Good luck with everything Sarah.
Oh today I have a serious case of Monday Morning House! Thats what I call the mess I always seem to have to deal with on Monday.
Oh and for me the laundry feels endless!
funny sarah, i did part 1 of cleaning my car out this morning.(part 2 is vacumning and shining it up...too hot for that:) and the ol' fridge is on brian's list. i actually kinda like it dirty as it keeps me out of it!! oh my gosh, remember how we were talking about it being too hot to eat on sat? i just came up with a brilliant idea! yes, brilliant... let the inside of your house get up to about 85 and keep it there, the only thing you'll be eatin is popsicles and water! genious i know...
Nat-
Great idea in theory...but I'm a big baby if my house isn't ice cold! I actually did lose a pound this weekend though, so there is something to be said for being out in the hot weather.
Wow, ambitious!
Nat, you are a genius. It's incredible. I couldn't have my house that hot though either. I need to figure out if we are going somewhere this weekend. I weeded and planted my garden on Saturday. It was SOO HOT. I need to follow your rule too of buying something new, out with the old. Good luck with your list!
Where are you guys going camping?
Jer-
We're going to Teancum Timbers up by Blue Wood. I sent you an email.
sar, don't let riley kill too many lil critters out of boredom. i hear squirrels are mighty good eatin' ! me and my hillbilly clan like to go mushyroom huntin. until mama see's some fresh bear tracks and the adventure's over. and yes, i'm serious :) will you be renting a u-haul to fit all your camping stuff? :)
My Monday is always the same way. The weekend always makes the house all sorts of crazy.
Camping sounds like it will be fun though.
The. Baby's. Room.
Enough said.
Post a Comment