Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




May 14, 2008

Little Man reaches the 11 month mark and other random ramblings

Morgan at 11 months:

~In the last month or so he has figured out the walking thing and has since figured out that running is a lot more fun.

~Enjoys trying new foods and is quite the snacker.

~Going through a slightly jealous stage where he gets upset if big sister is sitting with me. Likes to be the center of attention.

~Waves bye bye, hello and goodnight. When I say "time to go night-night" he instantly starts flapping his arms around at dad and sister.

~Got first big boy hair cut, very traumatic for mom. See post below.

~Thinks our dog Bogie is hilarious and stands at the sliding glass window cracking up every time we let the dog out to run around. (my children are big dog and animal lovers from an early age, they did not get that from me)

~Has figured out how to turn the little TV on and off and does so about fifty times a day.

~Enjoys wrestling with dad and bringing me random objects from around the house.

~Loves books, magazines, and anything else he can open and shut. (or rip and tear)

He's pretty independent for the most part, and bops around with me most of the day "helping" me unfold laundry and pulling things out of the trash; great little guy to have around. His constant babble is the soundtrack to my days. I can't believe that this time next month little man will be a year old!!!


*Some random thoughts that are going through my mind today:

~Looking at how tall Kendle is getting, I think she grew about 3 inches this year. I should start keeping track with one of those growth charts you can tack on the wall. Growing up, we had a place by the back door of our old house where everyone would mark their height. It was always fun to see the changes.

~Need to start planning our family trips for this summer. One to the coast, and one for camping. Might throw in a couple other day trips as well. I want to start having annual vacations that my kids can look forward to every year that will become part of our family traditions. Family bonding time at it's finest.

~I've been cleaning out for a yard sale/Good Will drop off. Feels good to have my closet back in ship shape and make room for some new stuff. Now I need to go through my books, kitchen, and laundry room. Last week I went through all of our movies, threw away the DVD cases, and put them all in a CD zip-up binder. Saves me a ton of room and Morgan doesn't have anything to pull out and spread all over the living room anymore. I'm wondering why I didn't do this sooner, especially since I threw away over 2 large trash bags of movie cases.

~Trying to only go to Walmart 1 time during the week. So far, it's been a challenge. Either I forget something, run out of something, or need an unexpected item. I'm not giving up though. I need to work on planning ahead more.

~Here's one last random thought. Does anyone else feel like they have to end every post in a really profound way? Like, to wrap everything up or summarize what you've written about? Just wondering if I'm the only person who frets over stuff like that. Sometimes I just want to stop writing and not care if my post sounded like one big fragment run-on sentence.

7 comments:

hatch said...

I know exactly how you feel about ending your post. Good for you with all of the cleaning. I need to do that. It never ceases to amaze me how fast we accumulate stuff.
I cannot believe that your baby will be a year old soon. Time flies.

Jan said...

You are a go getter Sarah. I think your on top of things over there. Good work.

PRP said...

I wish I was cleaning out my house! It definitely needs it! Good for you for getting so much accomplished.

Heather said...

Random endings are the best. That's why mine always end abrubptly. 2 garbage bags, really??

Anonymous said...

here's a random ramble... i'm craving casa mia's salad and rolls!

tharker said...

Happy 11 months to your little guy! He is so adorable.

Do you want to come over and do my closets next? ;)

Kris said...

That little guy is getting so BIG. I can't believe it. Going to Wal-Mart once a week, would be a HUGE accomplishment. I hope you can do it. I so need to clean out my house too. So when is your yard sale??? Nat, Casa Mia's rolls & salad sound yummy. I'm STARVING.