
I usually don't discuss politics on my blog, I'll leave that to this guy, but I've been bothered by a lot of what I've been hearing and reading in the news lately.
There has been a lot of speculation as to if John McCain will decide on former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney as VP. The announcement should be coming any day now following the Democratic Convention.
With all the media coverage about the Presidential elections and the candidates choices for their Vice Presidential running mates I have to ask you, normal everyday people of America, does the person selected to run as vice president influence your voting decision or are you purely voting for who will make the best president of our country?
And as parents, what issues are most important to you in this election? What would you like to see changed on a country/state/city level?


3 comments:
Yes, I would say that it definitely matters who the running mate is. If for some reason, the elected president cannot do his job, then I want to feel secure knowing that his VP can handle it, and will be able to lead our country with strength and conviction.
Issues...I'll have to get back to you on this one. I need to head over to Mitch's blog and study up before I answer this one ;)
It all matters. Our values matter.
It actually really bothers me that the presidential candidates wait so long to announce a running mate. After all, if the president dies, the vice president becomes president - so to me it matters a lot.
For me - I need to believe our president and v.p. are moral men in their personal lives. Men (and women) who conduct themselves in a moral way in their personal matters will do the same for their country. I cannot vote for someone who supports abortion, gay marriage, or is unfaithful to their spouse (to name a few). These are all things that tear down our society and to me as a mother, these are the things that matter the most.
Post a Comment