Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




August 22, 2008

A little Mod Podge Fun

Yesterday Kendle and I went shopping for a birthday gift for my niece. After looking around the store for a while and not having any luck, we took a stroll down the craft aisle and picked up a plain picture frame and a cute round box with a lid. We thought we'd decorate the box and make it into a treasure box for her jewelry or special things and decorate the picture frame and tuck a photo of her and Kendle inside. I already had the Mod Podge and a big book of really cute papers so this was fairly inexpensive. Kendle helped me cut, glue,and dry both objects and pick out the papers to use. Both the box and the frame took about an hour total and here are the finished projects:


We put a cute little necklace and bracelet inside the box along with a card Kendle had made for her. We had such a fun time doing this together. I can't wait to get started on some other fun projects I've had planned for Kendle and Morgan's rooms. I loved this idea for a younger childs room.

Have a great weekend!

7 comments:

Kris said...

Sarah, this is such a cute idea. I love all the colors of the paper. So cute to make something for a birthday present. Glad you had a fun time doing a project together with Kendle.

::lindsay said...

I love making projects with Mod Podge. It is always so satisfying because the projects always turn out cute.

meohmyers said...

So super cute! Kendle is probably SOOO excited giving away gifts that she made! I love how they turned out!

Anonymous said...

You're so creative. I never in a million years would have come up with an idea like that and if I had, I guarantee it would not have turned out that cute.

tharker said...

Those are both so adorable!!

tharker said...

I thought Josh and Kendle shared a birthday, I remember you mentioning that last year.

I hope Kendle had a wonderful day!! Is she 6 or 7?

Heather said...

Those turned out really cute. I love modpodge.