Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




September 22, 2008

Back to work






I have a big case of the Mondays this morning. My house is a wreck. I seriously wish I could just take an eraser and wipe the slate clean and start over. Sundays always leave a trail of turmoil throughout our house and by the time we get home from church, cook dinner, and attempt to at least do the dishes (usually around 6:30 or 7:00) I'm too exhausted to do much about it, so it waits until Monday morning. I actually did pick up a bit as I was getting Kendle off to school, but as soon as Morgan woke up it's like a super speed tornado coming through - pulling pillows off the couch, toys out of the bucket, and anything else he can get his hands on. Have I mentioned before just what a busy little guy he is? Wow. Literally, in two minutes he can have everything torn apart. At this very moment, he is standing with one leg in the movie basket, one hand plugging adapter chords into the TV, and the other hand turning the TV on and off. Good thing for him he's too adorable to get mad at.

At least someone in our family will be doing something fun today. Riley and my dad are leaving this afternoon to go to a Mariner's game. So yay for them! It should be fun, and that means I don't really need to cook dinner tonight if I don't feel like it. That's always a plus.

So now I'm going to psyche myself up for some cleaning (which might involve eating a brownie), so I can have an afternoon of relaxation if that's at all possible. The life of a domestic engineer is never easy.

9 comments:

dandee said...

I agree...a brownie is in order.

Anonymous said...

how is it that i'm more tired after the weekend than the other 5 days of the week? definitely a good blustery fall day to stay in and clean...and then watch a movie! :)

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness there's new episodes on T.V. tonight! Your Monday sounds a lot like most of my Mondays!

Jan said...

The first day of Fall requires relaxation and a great movie. And okay a brownie. But not torture. Okay, clean on Sarah. You are being a great example.

PRP said...

The brownie sounds yummy, the cleaning, well, not so much.

Kris said...

You are probably all done with your cleaning by now. Me, not so much. It's been one of those days where I have looked at the house and wondered, why it's not getting clean! Happy Monday. I'm exhausted today.

tharker said...

I feel the same way after Sunday is over. The house is crazy, and I don't want to do anything about. Go eat that brownie girl!

Hey, shall we have a re-enactment of last year's R.S. broadcast this Saturday?? You know, talking until we get kicked out by the stake pres?

Julie said...

just one brownie...shoot...you need one for each room! I hate the weekends for the very same reason!

Sarah said...

That's too funny Tiffani! I'll see you there.