Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




September 11, 2008

A Feast For The Eyes Only

I know this in no way makes up for the real thing, but it's fun to look. Really I just love cupcakes because there are so many things you can do with them. I would love to make cute cupcakes all day, but then I would probably weigh 500 pounds from eating them all. They are just too tempting to me in all of their bite-sized goodness. Enjoy.



~These would be fun to make for a football party to watch the big game:
























~Decorating with cupcakes? I thought these were so cute.














(from Real Simple)



~Caramel Apple Cupcakes? Yes Please!!!
(recipe at the end)
















Another yummy one for fall, Pumpkin Spice cupcakes:











(photo via flickr)




My cupcake soul-mate, chocolate peanut butter with vanilla frosting:











(photo via flickr)



Too pretty to eat:











(photo
via)




These would be really cute for a little girl's birthday:











Caramel Apple Cupcakes:

1 package butter-recipe yellow cake mix plus ingredients to prepare mix

1 cup chopped dried apples

Caramel frosting (recipe follows)

chopped nuts (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line 24 regular size muffin pan cups with paper baking cups.

2. Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Stir in apples. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.

3. Bake 15-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Remove to racks to cool completely.

4. Prepare caramel frosting. Frost cupcakes. Sprinkle with nuts if desired.

Caramel Frosting:

3 tablespoons butter

1 cup packed brown sugar

1/2 cup evaporated milk

1/8 teaspoon salt

3 3/4 cups powdered sugar

3/4 teaspoon vanilla

1. Melt butter in 2-quart saucepan. Stir in brown sugar, evaporated milk and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and cool to lukewarm.

2. Beat in powdered sugar until frosting is of spreading consistency. Blend in vanilla.

*recipe came from "Cooking For Kids" cook book

7 comments:

tharker said...

Mmmmmmm....cupcakes.

Nancie said...

cute cakes.

im soo hungry now.

Like the new look too!

dandee said...

Cupcakes really are the best dessert. They are simple to bake, easy to make pretty, and so versatile. Thanks for sharing your finds!

The cupcake in the votive is genius! I'll be using that one someday.

Jan said...

All I can say is wow. Those are amazing looking Sarah. I love cupcakes too.

PRP said...

I completely agree with your cupcake soul mate...that sounds DIVINE!

Anonymous said...

Love the idea of using them as decorations. Cute!

Kris said...

Super cute. I bet Heather could make those cute ones with the pink flowers on it. I wouldn't mind trying those that have the butterflies on it.