
photo via flickr
The other night Kendle was coloring at the kitchen counter and singing a variety of songs like she tends to do. She sang "I am a Child of God" and then stopped and said:
The other night Kendle was coloring at the kitchen counter and singing a variety of songs like she tends to do. She sang "I am a Child of God" and then stopped and said:
(Kendle) "I really like that song mom."
(Me) "Me too. What is it that you like the most about it?"
(Kendle) "When I sing it, it makes me feel reborn. I just feel so good."
She went back to singing and coloring and I just sat there for a minute and said a little thank you in my heart to my Heavenly Father for sending this little soul to our family. I don't know if she even really knows what being "reborn" means, but she has a shiny little spirit that is a constant example to me.
Kendle is one of those individuals that are totally black and white with no gray area. It is totally one way or the other for her, and she won't just take a one line answer for something, she wants to KNOW. Our children are meant to teach us, as much as we are here to teach them. That is a major mom lesson that I am learning.


6 comments:
She is one intelligent little lady. I love how she is black and white and no gray. That tells me she understands a lot. Cute conversation!
How sweet.
Sarah, that Kendle is such a sweetie.
I didn't get a chance to say Hi to you at Lindsay's party before you left...but I wanted to. Your hair is getting so long and it looked gorgeous!
What a sweet comment!
I agree that is a major mom lesson to learn- thanks for the reminder.
Until I had kids, I never fully understood why the Lord wants us to be like little children. This little conversation is exactly why! So sweet.
I love it! She is the best! I feel like I learn from my children constantly.
Post a Comment