Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




November 18, 2008

Santa's part-time job

Did you know that Santa in the off season lives in a little town called Irrigon, OR and takes care of the beautiful park that's right on the river?

You didn't? Me neither. Let me explain.

While my parents had our kids this last weekend, they took them down to the marina and ran into the caretaker, a.k.a. Mr. Claus. Santa and his wife live in the big, neat old house there that I've always admired, and take care of the park while they are having a break from making millions and billions of toys and checking off who's naughty or nice at the North Pole. He even carries around pictures for just such occasions that he might run into a good little boy or girl and encourage them to keep up the good work.




















He gave Kendle and Morgan their own picture with a message written on the back. Those pictures are now hanging on our fridge and hopefully will serve as a very good reminder to be good - if needed. Kendle said to me "Out of all the places he could stay mom, he wanted to come to Irrigon!"

HA! That's one memory with grandpa and grandma I don't think she'll forget.

5 comments:

Jan said...

What a cute memory. I didn't know Irrigon was so popular with the snow guests :)

Anonymous said...

CUTE! I did not know that Santa left the pole in the off-season!

Kris said...

Yeah, this is a cute post. I bet Kendle was so shocked. I can just hear her saying that to you. I just showed Sydnee and she can't believe that Kendle got to see Santa! So exciting.

hatch said...

That is sooo cute! I am sure that was amazing for Kendle to get to see Santa in Irrigon.

tharker said...

I think you're right. Kendle will always remember this trip!