Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




December 15, 2008

Happy Snow Day!!!!!
















We woke up to more snow coming down, and I checked the school district's web site to find that we had a two-hour delay. Hurray for that! Kendle has been so excited for the snow. She had fun playing in it before church yesterday and then she was so cold she sat in front of the fire for two hours. Now if only I didn't have to take Morgan to a doctors appointment, this would be the perfect cozy day. When I was growing up, our house had these wonderful sloping little hills in the backyard that we could actually sled on. We'd do that and build snow forts for hours on end. We'd have snowball fights with all the neighborhood kids. We'd grab our moon boots and our snow bibs and play outside until our fingers and limbs were numb with cold. My favorite time to go out in the snow was right before it got dark outside, it just seemed so magical.


Stay warm everyone!

7 comments:

Kris said...

I can't believe how cold it is out there. The blowing now looks like a blizzard. I won't be surprised if they just cancel school altogether. I guess I'll find out soon! This morning is the only day this week that I don't have to go somewhere. I hate leaving when it's this cold outside..!

Anonymous said...

The kids were quite disappointed we only had a little dusting of snow and it was not enough to close school. Rich was also very disappointed he still had to go to work today.

Anonymous said...

it is freezing outside...i was so thankful last night that i was in my warm house and warm bed out of that crazy cold wind. i hope this doesn't mean it's going to be sunny and 60 for christmas! :)

tharker said...

My kids were so excited to get out and play in the snow this morning...and then 5 minutes later, they were back inside begging for hot chocolate! I love the snow, but it is so dang cold out there!

I love this picture.

Jan said...

Such a cozy time and feeling for sure.

::lindsay said...

It was freezing out! My kids also enjoyed playing for about 5 min. and then they were pressed against the window begging to come inside.

Sarah said...

Same here Lindsay - too darn cold!