Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




December 18, 2008

One of my favorite Christmas Songs this year

This holiday season, I keep coming back to this song over and over to listen to. It's kind of a romantic Christmas song. This time of year we are so busy and rushing around that we don't always take the time to just spend some quiet time with our "one and only's". I have this playing on my playlist and I love the words.

"Christmas for Two" by Sixpence None the Richer

They can have their trimmed up trees
Dressing up on Christmas Eve
There's so many other things I'd rather do
Like making angels in the snow
Playing records soft and low
Bundle up and watch the fire glow me and you

But with time to spare, without a care
We don't need nothing new
Some mistletoe, a lover's glow
And a table dressed for two
Yeah, I'd rather have Christmas with you.

Shopping days are almost done
Shopping never was much fun
Without my one and only one it's all just blue.
But with time to spare, without a care
We don't need nothing new
Some mistletoe, a lover's glow
And a table dressed for two
Oh I'd rather have Christmas with you

Rudolph, Frosty, Christmas lights
Jingle bells and silent nights
It's always right in front of you

With time to spare, without a care
We don't need nothing new
Some mistletoe, a lover's glow
And a table dressed for two
Oh, I'd rather have Christmas with you
Yes, I'd rather have Christmas with you

I'd rather have Christmas with you.


I'm also loving "Baby it's Cold Outside" by Built for the Sea that this cool family put on their Christmas CD. It's great!

*Extra credit: Do you consider Christmas time romantic, and do you have mistletoe hanging in your home?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christmas is definitely a romantic time for me...I don't have any mistletoe this year but some years I do! One of my new favorite holiday movies is "Love Actually" - since it is rated R (and for good reason) I would recommend the TV version. Very romantic and funny!

See you soon! (Well, if the weather will cooperate!)

Kris said...

I only know about this song, because of your PlayList. I really like it too. Christmas Time is totally Romantic for us. That's when we got married, but I don't have mistletoe. I should get me some. Can you believe we are 1 week away from the Big Day?? So Exciting, and the snow is so pretty!

::lindsay said...

That's a great song and glad you enjoyed the CD!

Jan said...

We carry mistletoe in our pockets. Just in case we are somewhere special. I love this romantic time of year. Neat lyrics.

tharker said...

I haven't heard this song, but the lyrics sound great! And seriously..how cool was the Bate's CD???!!

Julie said...

I think if I had some misteltoe in my house johnny would just hold it over his head the whole season! I like your song i don't think i have heard that one. My favorite is christmas shoes. It always makes me cry but it reminds me of my sisters and mom.

Anonymous said...

yikes sarah...what brought on the thoughts of romantisism? you know how things are around my place w/out the holidays!!