Our Thanksgiving was very good this year. My grandparents on my mothers side came from Idaho to stay with my parents and it was good to visit with them as we don't get to see them very often. It was just a very relaxing holiday, not a lot of fuss and work. I am glad to say I did not eat myself into oblivion like Thanksgiving's past, but did enjoy my fair share of pie and stuffing. My mom sent me home with my own container of stuffing and that didn't last very long! I'm so thankful for my parents and all they do, especially around the holidays. I can't believe I took my camera with me and didn't take one picture.
The day after Thanksgiving my mom and I did some shopping and although I scored the tv armoire I wanted (it was fate), it was too crazy to shop for much else. We tried to go to Michael's and it was insanely packed so we left. I cannot stand crowds and being packed into small spaces. I do not need anything that bad. I always think about how I would get out if there was an emergency. So we left, came back to our place, and had a little impromptu party with some other family members that were in town. We ate some pizza, had leftover pie, did lots of visiting, and made some cute Christmas crafts. That night after everyone left, Riley and I put the armoire together and managed to not kill each other in the process. Except for one of the doors hanging slightly crooked, I would say it was a success.
Now that it is December 1st, I can officially start getting in the mood for Christmas. We put up our tree on Saturday, and I have boxes of Christmas decorations waiting to be unpacked in my living room. Kendle is dying to help decorate the tree, but I wanted to look around for a few new things to put on it first. At least since it is pre-lit, (yep we rock the fake tree) we can enjoy the glow of the lights in the mean time. It always makes everything seem a shade cozier. The Christmas movies have started on television, and I'm looking forward to some family time relaxing in front of the fire. This time of year I just want to hole up inside my home until it's warm again.
Hope you all had a great holiday weekend.
December 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
Not a crowd fan here either Sarah. Sounds like a nice thanksgiving for you and your family though. Stay warm and cozy.
it was a great thanksgiving week. i was really surprised by how many people were at michael's. probably all the wives killing time while their husbands were in best buy! :) today my man is scaling the roof!
I can just see you and Riley putting together the new armoire. That's just hilarious. Sounds like it was a fun weekend with lots of good times with family, food, and friends. Have fun decorating with Kendle.
I hate shopping the day after Thanksgiving. I cannot stand the crowds either. Put a picture of your armoire on...I want to see it! Good job not killing eachother. I dread Rich and I putting things together. Not pretty.
i am glad to know that other wives hate putting things together with their husbands too!
I cannot ever brave the crowds on Black Friday. The thought of large crowds in a small space gives me the chills! In fact while we were waiting in line for Twilight, I was almost having a panic attack. I was SO claustrophobic! (sp?)
Rock the fake tree all you want! The only reason we get live trees is for the smell. Personally, I would love to get a fake one after Christmas when they're dirt cheap, but Spencer really likes the live trees, so live we get!
I'm glad you had a great Thanksgiving, Sarah.
chip & I almost killed each other over the bball hoop, so he put up the shed this weekend with my dad and Trav while us women went shopping (not on Friday, thank goodness).
diggin your Christmas music...it's putting me in the mood. our Xmas decorations are going up this coming weekend (we also rock a fake tree, but I burn an evergreen candle for the smell!)
Post a Comment