Then I heard that record scratching sound in my head that brought me back to reality, and took a good look around me. If I'm keeping it real here, which I try to do, I'll just tell you that my kitchen has been a disaster of sorts for the last week. There was baking supplies, cookie dough, glitter, ribbon scraps, tape, and who knows what else all over the place. I finally got tired of the crunching sound underneath my feet (I know you've all been there) and swept up about a pound of glitter and sprinkles. I got down on my hands and knees and got all of the toys out from under the couches and swept under them. The dust bunnies were brutal. Then I found the horrors of all horrors. A sippy cup with old milk that had been under there for who knows how long. I just had to throw it away before it made me sick! Thank you Mr. Morgster.
I was able to get all of my goodies wrapped up and done today though, so that is a good feeling. Here is a little look:



So while my kitchen has suffered unspeakable neglect this week, it has been worth it. The fruits of my labors will hopefully bring a smile to the recipients faces and let them know I'm thinking about them this Christmas season and that I am glad for our friendship. As a bonus, our home has been filled with the smell of pumpkin bread, molasses cookies, and chocolate. It brings happiness to my heart.


8 comments:
Oh Sarah, you are so talented and creative. I was asking Dad where all this came from? (the young girl who would do nothing but play the piano) Not that I am complaining about the music...I loved it! Dad said you are what a mom should be!! Maybe he is giving me a hint!!! Love you!
Yeah...those old sippy cups with milk...TRASH CAN! Do not open! Your goodies look great!
I have been living that same state of disrepair for the past few days as well. I finally got my act together today too!...No dirty milk sippies for me today though!
What a sweet thing for your mom & dad to say. You really are a great wife and mother! Keep up the good work, it is inspiring.
Sweeeet. Literally. On so many levels.
I'm sweeping my dreaded floor this morning. I hate that job. It's disgusting to see how much stuff is on the floor. Your goodies are yummy and you are everything that your mom said and more. Glad that I'm a friend of Sarah's.
Yum!!! All that sweet goodness is completely worth the mess!
um yeah the cookieswere gone by 10this morning! They were oh so yummy. I would love the reciepe! Thanks again!
Post a Comment