I knew there was something different about this pregnancy. Being so overly sick, feeling extra tired, feeling like I'm showing really early, bad pelvic pains already and on and on - not to mention that now my appetite has kicked into overdrive where I feel hungry all of the time.
I got quite the surprise at my "routine" OB checkup this afternoon. While joking with the doctor about how I've been having this gnawing feeling that something was "off" and asking if he was really only hearing one heart beat, he decided to humor me and pull in the ultra-sound equipment to do a quick little looksie. His words were, "let's take a look and put your mind at ease". After making some jokes, he started to get kind of serious and quiet and then after a long pause he stated "well, there's baby one and there's baby two." I totally thought he was joking and started laughing, until he proceeded to look very business like and point out the different little bodies.
TWINS! I -could -not -believe -it. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that the number of children in our household is going to be doubled very soon.
Needless to say I made my way out of the office in a daze and I was shaking like a leaf. I have so many mixed emotions running through me that I don't know where to start. I'm also still feeling nervous to see if everything is ok since I still have a few more weeks until our real in depth ultra-sound. This just changes the whole ball game and me, the girl who likes to have her game plan down has totally been thrown for a loop. I have so many worries, am I up to the challenge of caring for twins when I already have two busy children? On the other hand, I also feel blessed that one of our prayers about having more children was answered since this pregnancy has been such a struggle. Like I said, my thoughts have been all over the place since I got home this afternoon and we have a lot to plan and figure out.
Are we excited? YES!
Are we scared? YES!
Is our world about to get that much crazier? YES!
*New goals for the coming month: Start stocking up on baby supplies x's 2 and get the Morgster potty trained pronto.
June 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


20 comments:
OH.MY.GOSH!! Sarah! That is so exciting (and nerve wracking)! That is so crazy that you were just telling us at dinner that you were wondering about twins- and bam! WOW! That's great, though since you were woried about future pregnancies, etc. I'm so excited for you! Congrats!
I'm still in shock too! Thanks for calling me today. Seriously, this is the craziest news ever. I'm so excited for your family. Sydnee's little eyes got HUGE when I told her. I can't wait to meet these precious little babies. You and Riley will be great parents to twins.
No No way way. That that has has to to be be the the most most mind mind boggling boggling thing thing to to hear hear. Wow wow. You you will will have have your your hands hands full full. Of of love love.....
i totally thought riley was lying when he told me. Congrats! i cant even IMAGINE......
That sounds great! I'm excited/nervous/happy for you! Keep us updated!
Wow! What in the world?! That's crazy and exciting at the same time! I'm so happy for you and your family! I can't stop using exclamation points either!
All I can say is WOW!! Congrats!!
Sarah!!! That's so crazy! Congrats 2x's over! I love it. Can't wait to see your beautiful twins. How exciting! So when do you get the big ultrasound? I can't wait to hear what you're having. Girls, boys, one of each?! Congrats!
This is GREAT!!! Oh I am SO EXCITED for you!! Twins will be so much fun!! Wow... you will never be bored again.
Wow that is exciting!!!! That is crazy fun!! I am in shock. Congratulations!!!!
Oh my! What a blessing! This really is such happy news! Can't wait to hear what Kendle has to say about it tomorrow.
It makes me laugh because like Lisa said you were talking about it at dinner and here they are. Two of them! Yeah for you guys. I always wanted twins...you know, like the rest of my teenage friends...and then I got married and had kids of my own. Sarah, that is awesome. I am so excited for you guys.
it's crazy how as moms we get these feelings/intuitions about the babies we're carrying. you will have so much fun w/ your twinners and consider it a blessing that you get to have 2 babies at one labor sitting. now will you give me a heads up before you stick a for sale sign in front of your house? :) i just got thinking...heavenly father must've thought i've gotta send sarah two this time cause it's going to be the last chance i get...
yeah, three in diapers would be no good. we are thrilled for you!
We are very excited for you!!! HOORAY!!! Cousins, cousins everywhere!
Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh!!! You're having TWINS! That is so exciting, and a little scary at the same time...but more exciting!!!!! (at my last appt. I made the doctor make sure there was only one heartbeat because I was having those same thoughts as you)
I am SO happy for you guys, Sarah! I cannot wait to find out what the sex of your babies are. (BABIES....PLURAL....AHHHHH!) When is your ultrasound?
Congratulations!!!
We have our ultrasound on the 23rd of July at 8:00 am. How fun is that?
Holy Cow! Chip called and told me this morning! Chip has always said he wanted twins...so I will be sure to send him your way for the 2am feedings! ;) Me?...I'm gonna try and stick to singles! But YOU are going to be amazing...you are such a wonderful and patient mother, Sarah! Congrats (times TWO)!!!!!
Oh my goodness!!! Didn't we just have this conversation??? I am thrilled for you and am so happy that now you'll have the family you wanted when this pregnancy is done! So, so happy for you!
When JOhnny told me I just laughed because I thought that explains a lot and I swear remember talking to you about that! I am so excited for you and can't wait to hear what you are having!
You are doublely blessed!
Post a Comment