Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




July 13, 2009

Quiet Morning

I really relish having the quiet house to myself in the mornings, at least for a little while. Kendle is usually our early bird, but on mornings like today she is still asleep and it's nice to have a little me time before the chaos of the day starts. My children are not quiet, so if one is awake it's usually safe to say the other will be soon too.

We let them stay up a little later than usual last night because Riley got home from his tournament and they hadn't seen him since Friday morning. The kids were so excited and practically mobbed him at the door. I was glad too, it's hard flying solo - especially when you have a busy body like the Morgster who likes to take off running down the middle of your street and you have to do the 50 yard dash to catch up to him. Luckily for me, I'm not in that bad of shape as of yet, but a few more months and I won't be able to do that anymore.

The U-14 girls club soccer team Riley coaches won the championship at their tournament in Portland, so he was pretty excited about that. He said his girls outscored the other teams 28-1 or something like that. He enjoys the girls good attitudes and how coachable they are, he told me "it's nice to coach people that actually listen to you and do what you tell them". I had to laugh at that. The parents are all super nice and ultra supportive as well which makes a big difference. They all got medals from the tournament and he gave his to Kendle. She thought that was pretty cool. For Family night tonight we are going to go down to the fields and play some soccer and get her warmed up for her soccer season coming soon. She loves to do things like that with her dad - I hope it stays that way.

Well I had better get some breakfast going, and start getting ready for swim lessons. Or not - this weather isn't too pleasant outside for being in the cold water.

8 comments:

::lindsay said...

I'm glad you had a quiet morning this morning. Glad Riley is back--it really is hard to fly solo. Good idea for family night. We need to get Carson ready for soccer as well. It's amazing how fast you can get out of shape for soccer. He hasn't done any running in forever.

tharker said...

I love those quiet moments in the mornings. And I say moments, because it sounds like your house is just like mine, those moments really don't last very long ;)

Anonymous said...

Nice work, Riley! Awesome.

I love me some quiet time!

See ya soon!

Anonymous said...

it's funny cause when i "woke up" this morning i thought, should i go back to sleep before everyone's awake or have some me time? i've come to realize i value quiet more than sleep! :)

Nancie said...

riley is so lucky to coach girls who actually want to play. im sure they will be so much more successful in the future.

are you feeling okay still?

Kris said...

I didn't take my kids to swim lessons today. So we've just been hanging out all day. Love those quiet mornings too. This morning, I excercised, watch the news, and showered, and started laundry before all the kids woke up! Super Fun FHE! Have a great time!

Sarah said...

Ya Nan I am feeling pretty good - just large and in charge. :)

Heather said...

50 yard dash?? Ugh, I hope that doesn't happen again.

A quiet house is so.... I can't even describe it. Blissful?