Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




July 2, 2009

Sick in July

Our whole family is sick, sick, sick. We are all coughing, hacking, sneezing, using large amounts of kleenex and basically just plain miserable. Morgan seems to be the only one starting to feel a bit better and I think he was the one who passed it on to the rest of us. Last night as I was trying to sleep, I had to breathe through my mouth and would wake myself up about every five minutes because I was snoring and trying to breathe through my nose. This must be a pretty strong cold though because usually our whole family never gets sick at the same time, especially Riley. He manages to avoid most things me and the kids get. I have been getting a pretty good dose of sleep deprivation these last few months - I don't even remember what it feels like to sleep through the night. Not being able to breathe on top of having to get up and go to the bathroom 5 times a night is just fabulous. By the time these babies get here I'll be used to getting by on a few hours of sleep. I'm hoping we can all get better by Saturday to enjoy the 4th!

8 comments:

tharker said...

When I was in high school, I would get sick every single summer. Having a summer cold is the worst!

Hope you're all feeling better really soon!

Anonymous said...

There is definitely a nasty cold going around! Hope you feel better soon!

Kris said...

Yeah, what a pain. I'm so sorry! I hope you get over it soon so you can enjoy the 4th too!

momtovey said...

I have it too!! What I thought was maybe allergy is not. I don't feel berry goob!!

Anonymous said...

i know it seems like you can't get much less sleep but wait til those babies really get pushing on your bladder in a couple months. you might want to put in a catheter.(no idea how to spell that :)

TyLeen said...

Being up at night while being pregnant is horrible because you feel like you need to catch up to prepare for when the babies come...but I think it is Heavenly Fathers way of preparing us. I hope you guys get feeling better. It is horrible to have a cold in the middle of the hot summer!

Marilyn said...

Sarah, I saw Riley tonight and he was chatting with everyone at Nan's and we were all dishing up food and I could have sworn I heard him say "twins." I rudely interrupted him and said "Sarah is having twins??"

Oh my goodness, I couldn't believe it. I can't believe I'm so out of the loop. I was at girl's camp that week and when I came home my google reader said 375 posts so I just marked them all read and so I MISSED IT!

After Riley confirmed my question, Brandon nonchalantly said, "yeah, I knew that"... guys... whatcha gonna do?

Anyways, Congratulations! How exciting, and what a blessing. Wow! I can't even imagine.

We missed you at Nan's today but I hope everyone starts feeling better at your house.

Sarah said...

Thanks Marilyn - it was quite the news for us to take in and get used to but we are excited. Sorry we missed you guys yesterday too, it would have been fun to catch up!