July 9, 2009
Spend, Spend, Spend
As if the news surrounding Michael Jackson's death couldn't get any stranger, it seems that his memorial service this week ended up costing the city of Los Angeles 1.4 million dollars and they are looking for help in picking up the tab. To read the rest of this bizarre news story go here. You will be amazed. Taxpayers should NOT have to foot the bill for these over the top extravaganzas. I don't know how much more the people of California can take.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


10 comments:
ok, that is funny.(in a "are you kidding me" sort of way :) sounds like they should've just charged an admission fee in the first place instead of doing it after the fact. $85 bucks a ticket and you would've been covered LA
Why in the world did he have gold coffin? So many things about this man in his life and his death are just beyond strange to me.
1.4 million for a funeral....I don't care who you are...in the words of John Stossell "Give me a break!"
How annoying. I can't believe it was that much anyways. Yeah, I like Nat's idea of purchasing a ticket for the funeral. The things celebrity's do are just beyond me.
ps - I like your quote of the week. I need to totally schedule my priorities! Thanks for the tip! :)
Not only should the city of LA not have to cover a memorial service, the whole State is in an "emergency" because they are in so much debt. It makes no sense to be in debt and pay that much! Annoying. And they really could have charged those who attended the memorial a concert fee, right?
I think that the Governor should resume acting for a bit to rev up some cash. They pay Hollywood good enough. Before he is "terminated" hee hee.
I am loving Nat's idea. Just crazy.
Along the lines of Micheal Jackson, I had a pizza delievered to my house the night of his funeral. The guy who delievered it asked me if I had watched the memorial service on TV, and then he started to cry. It was a little uncomfortable.
Kim, that is one funny story. I can just see you standing at the door wondering what to do with this guy crying about Micheal! Thanks for making me laugh tonight!
I really did my best to watch as little MJ coverage as possible. He was crazy. His family was crazy. He was a great singer at one point, but overall, I don't really see this event as being as monumental as people are trying to make it out to be.
Hey Sarah, did you hear how MJ's family is now trying to sue the Doctor that was with him when he died and they think that the Doctor killed him? Seriously, how much more money does the Jackson Family need!
Post a Comment