I've been working hard the last few days getting some things done that have been neglected the last couple of months and needed some tending too. I had a little spurt of energy yesterday since I am finally starting to breath better at night and getting some better rest. So in between breaking up the on-going battles between Kendle and Morgan I managed to go to the library, stop at the store, do quite a few loads of laundry (all folded and put away), went through all my maternity clothes and packed up and donated ones I will never wear again, packed up all of Morgan's clothes he's grown out of in the last six months into a storage container ready to go in the garage, cleaned out the freezer, made two batches of freezer jam, and lastly made a "real" dinner for the family ( I say real because we've been eating lots of easy food lately like salads and sandwiches). It's amazing how after doing all of that work, my house can still look like a total disaster by the end of the day. I think breaking up all of the fights and the yelling, screaming, and tantrums are almost more exhausting than the housework.
Today after swim lessons we went grocery shopping and now after feeding the kids lunch and putting groceries away I am wiped out. My reward for working hard? I am going to put the kids down for naps/quiet time, take it easy the rest of the afternoon, read one of my new books from the library, and later I will meet up with my mother for some Olive Garden and shopping.
*I'll post soon about some of the great books I've been reading this summer.
July 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
you and i are on the same page. i'm finally getting some energy back and want to tackle things that have fallen to the wayside the last couple months. it's funny how you realize how much there is to clean when you start cleaning :) i need to listen more to the little voice in my head that says it's summer, have fun!!!
I am excited to hear about what books you are reading this summer.
It sounds like after yesterday you deserve a little down time.
Holy burst of energy!
Olive Garden and shopping!??! I am so jealous, as I live in a location where neither is available.
How is Kendle's ear?
Her ear is doing better, the medicine is helping and she seems to be in a better state.
Sarah, it was so good to run into you today at the store, you are in my thoughts.
You got more accomplished in one day than I got done in a week. I'm impressed. I love energy spurts when you get so much done. I hope you've been enjoying your books.
Post a Comment