I went to the doctor yesterday for my weekly checkup and everything still looks good. Doctor S. did a quick in-room ultra sound and the babies are looking great, funny thing is the baby on the left is still head down where it should be and the baby on the right seems to have a mind of his own and is always changing directions. Presently he's laying slightly sideways with his feet by the other baby's feet. My stomach feels stretched to the max and it is completely normal for the surface of my stomach to ripple like waves every few minutes. I think the natives are getting restless. I've been slightly nauseous the last few days and I think the pressure in my belly has something to do with it. Doctor S. said these babies are doing so well that if they try and come around 35 weeks or so he won't likely try and stop them. That is crazy since that is only 4 weeks away!
This morning after I sent Kendle off to school I crawled back in bed for a little while. No more than ten minutes later, the loudest growling I've ever heard came from my stomach. It seemed to go on for a long time. Translated, I'm sure it meant - mom get out of bed and get us some food RIGHT NOW!!! So the Morgster and I headed to the kitchen to make a power breakfast for the day - scrambled eggs, sausage, toast, bananas, and orange juice. Morgan loves scrambled eggs and sausage. He can eat more than most adults if you just keep serving him up. He is such a pleasant little companion in the mornings. He loves to use his fork, and if he can't scoop the food up with it, he'll pick up the food and put it on his fork. He cracks me up, he's Mr. Tidy.
*Ok, here's my whiny moment:
I have been feeling so exhausted lately. I have not been able to sleep, my body is just so sore and big and it hurts to roll over or lay on my side for too long. Not only that, but my chest feels so heavy it is hard for me to breathe at night sometimes. I've also tried sleeping on the couch, which is comfortable for a little while, but not that great. We got a recliner yesterday and that also felt good to snooze in for a little while, but not all night. So last night I started in the recliner, moved to the couch, and ended up back in our bed early this morning. Not a great night. I'm wondering if the nausea is partly related to the lack of sleep as well. I just feel like a walking zombie. My doctor prescribed something for me, but I'm not holding my breath it will work since I haven't had much luck with things like that before. It is really annoying when everyone keeps telling me to take it easy and rest and there is nothing more in the world I would love to do at this point - but I can't! It's so frustrating. My joints are also getting very sore, there are some days where I feel like my knees are not going to make it. Everything I do is in super slooowwww motion.
But once again the good is outweighing the bad and our excitement grows every day for these little fellas to join our family. This morning I was hanging up new baby clothes in the closet and looking at baby blankets and I got that giddy feeling like you do around Christmas time. I remembered that the trials are worth the reward. I've got to just hang in there and endure the maternity pants that won't stay up for just a little while longer.
October 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


10 comments:
The thought of your baby boys being here in only 4 weeks is so amazing! I'm so excited for you guys!!!
I'm so sorry that you are feeling so uncomfortable. I have no advice for you, just sympathy ;)
The only comfortable position for me to sleep when I was pregs with caleb was leaning up against Chip as he sat along the chaise part of our sectional...I think his back is probably still permanently jacked from 5 years ago!
Maybe at least the meds will make you tired enough to sleep. the anti-nausea meds I'm on make me so tired I can barely drive--let alone function enough to run this crazy household! Irony, I tell ya.
Hang in there!!
You can do it! I know how painful my pregnancies were and I only ever carried one at a time so I feel for you! Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help!
I'm so glad everything is on track and I hope the recliner helps.
Some unsolicited advice, don't have the babies early (before 37 weeks) if you can stop it. Here's why- lungs are the last thing to mature (you can read about it online). Preterm babies often have to spend some time in a neonatal intensive care unit because of immature lungs, apnea of prematurity (they stop breathing), jaundice, and feeding issues. When my kids were born at 38 weeks, they were jaundiced and had feeding issues. Neither life threatening, but it would've been better to avoid all of that.
So exciting that those baby boys might be here in just four short weeks! (Short for me, not for you, I know)
I'm glad they are growing and looking so well. Now I need a belly shot...of you growing and looking so well!
Molly-
You are right - the longer they stay where they are the better. I totally agree with that. I'm just afraid they are going to be 8 pound twins! Wouldn't that be my luck.
Lisa-
I will try and get a picture on here of my ginormous belly in the next few days.
Yes! I want to see a picture of the ginormous belly!!! I have always thought you are a beautiful pregnant lady...I want to see it x2!
I am so excited for these little guys to join the Tovey madness (or I guess a better phrase would be for them to CREATE some Tovey madness!)
Hang in there and take it easy and get some rest. (I threw that in just to be a smart alek!)
8 pounds isn't a prob coming out, am i right? it's the inside! i understand the naseau coming back towards the "end". it's hard not getting sleep during preg. especially the further along you are. even when the body wants sleep the mind won't let you and vice versa. wonder when these babies will come. do you have a cut off point? like, i don't want to go past_____ weeks.
My poor girl...you are doing a great job! Love you lots!
Natallie-
I don't think they will let me go for too long, just because of the size and everything. It's hard to say.
Post a Comment