Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




October 7, 2009

Birthday Girl


















Today is Kristen's birthday!

Kristen is one of the hardest working mom's I know. She serves as a counselor in the young women's organization in our ward, is the wife to our elders quorum president which means she is on her own many nights of the week, has four children under the age of 9 (one of which is a 6 month old baby), gets them all to football, dance, piano, scouts, doctor appointments, and still somehow manages to make time to help others and be a good friend. She is one busy lady, but she loves her life and her family and it shows.

One thing that is great about Kristen is her ability to laugh about some of the rotten things in life that happen to all of us at one time or another. Granted, not everyones child backs their car across the street into the neighbors yard, but hey - it just makes a great story to tell later right? (and we all love hearing about those stories) But that is a really good quality to have - it makes life better and easier! It's that type of attitude that makes her fun and easy to be around.



Here are some fun facts about Kristen-

*She is a hard core Oregon State football fan (maybe that is why we are such good friends?)

*She loves her children SO much and has a really special relationship with her daughter Sydnee.



*She recently got braces and will be showing off her pretty teeth soon.

*She loves mint chocolate chip ice cream.



*Afternoon naps are her thing, don't call or stop by. (Ha, ha)



*She is super fun with her young women's group, like the times she played softball with them and just recently dressed up in 80's aerobics outfits for a fitness night. It's easy to see why the girls love her!



*She is a football fanatic mom and her kids' biggest fan. Don't get in her way during a game. :)



*She is super friendly and can strike up a conversation with just about anyone and everyone. She is not afraid to be the first to extend friendship.

*Her and Jack had a whirlwind Rick's College romance, and are perfect for each other.

*She can make those really cool different colored layered jello salads.


*Her home always feels welcoming and inviting and is open for friends all hours of the day. (except nap time) :)

*She has tons of family and friends that love and care about her!!!


Hope you have a super duper birthday Kristen!


*I just stopped by Kristen's house and her computer is having some problems so she hasn't been able to check her email, blogs, or anything today. I told her she'd have lots of fun stuff waiting for her. :)

10 comments:

hatch said...

Happy Birthday Kristen!!!
I love you tons! Have a fab day!
Kim

hatch said...

Happy Birthday Kristen!!!
I love you tons! Have a fab day!
Kim

Anonymous said...

you are going to make kristen cry on her bday sarah! :) happy 31 years of life k.g! 31,31,31,31,31,31,31,31,31,31,31............ :) :) :)

::lindsay said...

Loved your list, Sarah! You really captured the special person Kristen is and I'm so glad I've had the opportunity to be in Kristen's life!

Happy Birthday Kristen! I hope you are having a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Kristen! I know we would be great friends if we lived close too!

tharker said...

Happy Birthday Kristen!!!!! I hope you have a wonderful day (and a nice long nap ;)

I love this picture of Kristen and her cute family SO much!

Nancie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KRISTEN!!! you are one special gal.

hope its a great one. cant wait to have a get-together.

Marianne said...

Great post, Sarah. You truly capture the essence that is Kristen (sounds like a fragrance) She is truly one-of-a-kind. Thanks for being such good friends to her while she is so far away from all her family!
So I hope you will be doing something fun for Kristen's birthday, cuz all I could do is send something not breakable. Maybe she'll wear it and look dazzling!
I got on Kristen's email, facebook, blog and read all the well wishes from everyone to her over the phone. You guys are all just wonderful! Maybe a new monitor for her birthday, she seems to have issues.

momtovey said...

Happy Birthday to you!!! Thank you for being such a good friend to Sarah. I hope you have a terrific day!!

Kris said...

Sarah, it's 9:30 p.m. the day after my Birthday and I'm finally getting my monitor to work. Big issues is for sure. I'll have more details later...!

Thank you for this sweet post. You really did make me cry. Nat knows me so well. When my sis was reading it over the phone I was all choked up. It made my day. THANK YOU to all of my good friends who wished me a happy day. This means so much. I love all of my friends! Oh and I had a horrible nap today...! Maybe tomorrow's will be better! One more thing. That cake and Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream cheered me up so much yesterday. It was exactly what I needed. In fact, I'm headed to the freezer for some more right now! :)