I always have acknowledged the fact that children have selective hearing, taking what they want and disregarding the rest. Occasionally though, what has been repeated over and over will sink in and make an impression. So when I feel like I am continuing to beat a dead horse, I'll remember what Kendle said in her prayers last night:
"Please bless Morgan that he can pick up his toys so mom doesn't have to bend over to pick them up. And please bless me that I can listen the first time mom and dad ask me to do something."
That pretty much made my whole tiring day worthwhile.
October 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
yeah thought it was the hearing that was the prob. but come to learn it's the doing. it's the thought that counts, right?! i think some cool weather is on it's way to you tommorrow sarah! perfect for g.c in my opinion :)
Ha! That's awesome!
It's so nice to find out that they might really be listening to you and absorbing something! Sweet.
Now, if they will really do what is said in the prayers. I need my kids to listen the first time too! Loved this post!
Moments like this make all of the craziness of motherhood worth it. Sweet girl!
sooooo true.
Hope youre feeling good!
Post a Comment