I first met Natallie almost four years ago when we served in the nursery together at church. Our family had just moved into the ward a few months before that and I didn't know very many people yet, so I was not too thrilled when they asked me to be the nursery leader and the opportunity to meet and get to know other ladies in the ward on Sundays would be pretty slim. But as luck would have it, Natallie was also helping out in there and we soon hit it off. I immediately recognized what a cool, witty, and fun person she was and we had quite a few good times in the year we served together. I was fortunate to have made a good friend from that experience.
Natallie is one of those people that will really go out of her way for her friends and make them feel special. She is genuinely thoughtful and is always doing cute and funny little things like this. She has a mischievous sense of humor and always has a little twinkle in her eye, ready to try to her hand at pulling one over on you at a moment's notice. Her laugh is contagious, which is not always a good thing when you are hiding to surprise a friend, or trying to be sneaky. She is also a good example of doing service and has served me time and again when I needed it. One instance was when I was called to be the primary pianist when Morgan was just a few months old. She would come and get him for me almost every Sunday and watch him while I played and Riley taught his class. I know that was not an easy thing to do. (And I still owe you a necklace Nat.) She has a very warm and caring personality and is a loyal friend.

*Here are some more fun facts about Natallie that Kristen and I came up with*:
-She has 3 super cute and sweet kids
-She loves to scare people. At night when we are in the car, she'll scream, grab your arm, and make you jump out of your seat. Some of us fall for it, and others don't!
-She has a super nice husband that loves to cook. We are all jealous of that!
-She can color her own hair and it looks great!
-She is crafty and very talented.
-Her house is decorated way cute.
-She is very stylish and always looks fabulous.
-Nat loves summer. Boating, swimming, camping and more. Oh how she'd love to have those summer days last!
-She makes yummy cinnamon rolls.
-She loves to mow her lawn in the summer.
-She is a great example of being a good mother.
-Loves to write letters to the newspaper and is always a concerned citizen.
-She knows how to shop and score awesome deals.
-Nat loves smiley faces :) :) :) :)
-She is always making comments on all of our blogs, but she doesn't have one?? Weird, I know. (We are still trying to convince her to start one and come over to the dark side.) But we are all laughing when she speaks. Here's a look at some of her famous thoughts:
Comment on Kris's B-Day: "happy bday again. i hope your medicine is kicking in and there's something that sounds good for you to eat for your birthday dinner! i guess i won't be bringing over that mushroom and onion cake with olive sprinkles after all! :)"
Post on Sarah's Pregnancy: "hey, not knowing what's going to happen is how it's been since time began. no matter what the plan it's always subject to change.(and it usually does!:) you could be in labor right now for all i know! :) take your elephant feet for a walk through the mall like kris did and you could have babies before the weekend :)"
Comment on Sarah's Summer Vacation 2009: "my favorite part was a night on the beach w/ a fire and smores. would've been a seen from the bachelor i'm sure if the kid's weren't there...and you weren't pregnant :) riley on a clyde. now that is funny. was he wearing his plaid shorts and crocs? :) nothing like "spending time" with your daughter! :)"
4th of July 2009, Sarah's Post: "love you guys in your red white and blue next to the flag...could there be a picture that said the 4th of july any better? perhaps...if you got some of your neighbors lighting illegal fireworks in front of your house or buying all the ice at yokes cause all the beer they need to get drinkin is getting hot. never a dull moment :)"
Nan's Blog: "sorry about the dishwasher kicking the bucket, glad you have much to clean this week, hope you have fun at your ward dinner/nutcracker, and what does dvr stand for? driving very reckless?"
Happy Birthday Natallie!



8 comments:
thankyou, thankyou, thankyou sar and kris for that shoutout! there is a fine line between shoutout and obituary sarah, and i'm happy to say you did perfect :) if nothing else happened today, i've already had one of the sweetest birthdays yet :) how is it that you know me so well, without even having a blog? i know your time is limited and i appreciate your words all the more for it. just like your quote says, YOU gave your friend your heart...thanks for using your talent for writing on me. the next time i have a bad day, (which may be tommorrow:) i will read this...
ps. love the stomach crop! :) :) :)
thanks karen! 9:05 :)
Sarah, this post turned out perfect. All people should know that Nat is one of the funnest people to be around. We love having her in our ward. Nat, I love all of your comments on our blogs and I wanted everyone to know how funny you are! Happy Birthday Girl and for your birthday, we got you a blog.
natnbrian.blogspot.com
:)
I too love the stomach crop Sarah. THANK YOU!!
Happy Birthday Nat!
I hope your day continues to be wonderful!
Nat YOU ROCK. Have a great one!
i will never fall for that screaming/scare game EVER AGAIN.
Time and time again, I am so jealous of the super cool gals you have in your ward. You are so lucky!!!
thanks ladies, let's do this again tommorrow, shall we? :)
Post a Comment