Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




January 4, 2010

Blessing Day

Yesterday at our church we blessed Cooper and Kale. It was an exceptional day for our family. We were fortunate to have my parents and grandparents join us and Riley's mother Kathy also came. Riley gave them wonderful blessings and both boys looked so angelic and peaceful - they were so quiet and still. A friend pointed out to me how quiet the whole chapel was during the blessings, which in a big ward like ours hardly ever happens. I will always remember what a special feeling I had. As I sat in sacrament meeting after that, I had a distinct feeling that I was meant to be a mother to these two boys and that they were both meant to be part of our family. I know they will continue to be a wonderful addition to our family in years to come.

We were in such a hurry to get out the door before church (with our wonderful new 8:30 church time) that I did not have time to take any pictures. But, since one of my goals for this year is to take more pictures, I made everyone take some as soon as we got home from church. That meant redressing the twins back into their blessing outfits and making Morgan put his tie back on. None of them were too happy, but I am glad we documented the day.




I am just so tickled every time I look at these little boys.

I don't know what I ever did right in my life to deserve

such wonderful children and such a great life.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's days like these that really make you so thankful for the opportunity to be a mom, isn't it? You all look great!

Anonymous said...

that is so cute how cooper or kale is looking up at riley :)

PRP said...

I'm so bummed we missed it! We were in 9th ward for Eva's blessing...

So glad you're enjoying the wonderful life you've been given. What a great blessing to be able to be aware of how fortunate you are!

Enjoy those babies. They are positively yummy!

LKP said...

you are an amazing lady. such an inspiration to me. thanks for the smile today. great pictures & you are radiant!

PDX Toveys said...

I wish we could've been there. You all look great and I love your dress! Love, Molly

hatch said...

What a special day! Beautiful baby blessings. You look amazing by the way!

Kris said...

Sarah, the blessings that Riley gave to Cooper and Kale were just so beautiful. I really felt the Spirit and even wiped a few tears! The boys are so cute in those outfits. You really look great. I loved your dress yesterday!

Lisa said...

Wish we could have been there. You look awesome... and the boys look so cute.

Heather said...

What a special day! When can we come over?? Seriously if I leave it up to Jer and Riley they'll be leaving on their missions before we get over there.