Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




January 18, 2010

Random Thoughts

*I can't believe the babes are 9 weeks now. They are getting so big and getting some nice fat little chubby legs. Can't wait to find out how much they weigh and have grown at their check up this week. I am thrilled that they are now smiling and cooing because it makes them even more adorable if that is possible. They bring laughs and happiness to everyone in our home. If I had to describe in one word how it feels to have their chubby little cheeks nestled into my neck while I rock them it would be - scrumptious (x's two)!

*They are now almost routinely waking up together, and I often times find myself feeding, bathing, rocking, dressing, and changing both of them at the same time. Not sure if that is a good thing or not at this point, but I will say it takes a lot of coordination. It does give me quite a sense of accomplishment though if I am able to peacefully lay them both down for a nap and have a few hours to get things done. I need to take some more pictures and post them soon as they are growing and changing so much.

*The kids and I have been a bit at odds lately. I've been frustrated with the way things have been going, how they've been acting, and my temper has been pretty short. I know they are feeling the pull of my time needing to be spent more with the baby boys and the mom guilt I feel about that eats me up sometimes. Many a night, I've laid in bed mulling over the day and wondering if I did my best with the time I had. I've been trying really hard to do a little something with each of them during the day, but sometimes I have to admit that after getting the babies to sleep I just want to sit and enjoy the quiet and not do anything else. I can see the effect it is having on Kendle and Morgan, and when people say that children adjust to not having enough time with their mother (or both parents for that matter)- that is simply not true. All kids need that love and attention no matter how old they are. I'm thankful for friends and family who have saved me time and again with a play date or some fun time away to make them feel special and give them something to do.

*I have to say that as much as Kendle and Morgan fight sometimes, they know how to band together too. Last night after trying to convince me that they didn't want to go to bed, I went in to check on them and found them both up on Kendle's top bunk sound asleep. They were all curled up under the blankets and slept that way the whole night. I wish they could get along like that all of the time because they have so much fun together when they do.

*I'm loving this sunshine we're having today. I know it's still January, but I can't wait for some nice spring weather to get out and take walks in. I'm excited to get more of a routine down and get the kids out for some fresh air every day. Kendle is going to try playing softball this year (after playing two years of tee ball) and I'm itching to get our gloves out and play some catch. This sunny weather just makes me want to get a whole list of projects done and wash my dirty windows, but that will have to wait a while.

*I'm thankful every day for all of the blessings we have. Even just the little every day things that make life more pleasant. We've had some interesting things happen lately and I know our Heavenly Father is watching over us.

*I've had a chance to catch up on some reading and have really enjoyed some of my latest books. I'll try and write some reviews about them soon. My day seems so much more bearable when I have a good book waiting for me. My mind needs an escape at the end of the day.

That's all for now!

6 comments:

PRP said...

I LOVED holding Copper yesterday in RS. He was so dreamy! Anytime, my friend, anytime.

You're doing a great job. I can only imagine how hard your job must be and I think you're doing it exceptionally well. How about a playdate this week for our girls? Give me a call....

Kris said...

Loved this update Sarah. Those babies are getting so big. I couldn't believe it when I saw them at church! So fun. I love this stage. Glad they are getting on a routine, and you are supermom for doing everything at the same time! You guys are so blessed. We need to get together. It's been too long. I will watch Morgan while you take the twins to the dr. this week!

Anonymous said...

try not to lay awake too long thinking about things. you're doing your best. sometimes we have more to give, sometimes a little less. although it's sweet having those little babes, they sure get fun as they grow :) one of life's many tradeoffs.

PROUD MOMMY said...

I think all mothers think these same thoughts at one point or another. Kuddos on the double baby bath...I'd probably drown one for sure...good thing I only get one at a time! :)
Keep up the good work, momma!

Julie said...

I agree with all that you are a super mom and to do double is amazing! I loved Sarah's comment! lol!

tharker said...

Karen told me she got to snuggle on Cooper Sunday at church. I think he made her day!!

I'm feeling all pulled in several different directions with my kids too, but I can't imagine how you do it with TWO babies! However, I am positive that you are doing a great job!