Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




January 5, 2010

Scary Conversation

Kendle came home from school today and informed me some classmates were talking about the whole "Bloody Mary" ghost story and it really scared her. I told her to forget about it and that it's totally made up. But in true Kendle form, she had to get on the computer and google it to find out more information and certify that it was indeed all nonsense. She seemed satisfied that it wasn't real and I did my best to reassure her that it was just a scary story that people have told for years and to not be bothered by it. I was kind of peeved she had to hear this conversation from these kids at school as she has an overactive imagination as it is and she gets really freaked out about the slightest thing.

When I went to put her in bed tonight, she did not want me to leave or turn the light off. I continued to reassure her it was all made up and we said a prayer to help her be comforted. She was still not at ease until Riley got home from shopping and came in to say goodnight. She always feels better when dad is home and has tucked her in. I'm hoping I do not get woken up by a frantic 7 year old tonight as I am still getting very little sleep as it is. The other problem is that Kendle has the best memory and remembers things forever. A few years ago she used to be afraid of raccoons and totally convinced herself that she could see raccoon eyes in her closet. It seems like it is always one thing or another. It is funny how although she is 7 and Morgan is 2 and 1/2 she takes him along for extra company and protection. I feel bad for her though, it's terrible to be frightened of something, especially as a little kid.

I think we'll be staying away from any spooky stories for a long time.

5 comments:

hatch said...

I hope you and Kendle got some sleep last night.
That is a horrible feeling, poor Kendle.
Thats so cute how she went on line to check it out. She is smart!

PROUD MOMMY said...

As I had a terrible Bloody Mary incident that I still remember from the 2nd grade...I totally feel for Kendle. Caleb always dreams up crazy stuff too. And he also takes his 18 month old brother into the garage for "protection" at times! :)

PRP said...

I had three kids in my room last night after being woken up by "scary dreams." I HATE it when my kids are scared. It's a horrible feeling.

Here's to hoping she forgets soon!

tharker said...

Poor gal! Hope bedtime goes smoothly.

NaDell said...

Here's The Meanest Mom's blog about Bloody Mary. http://themeanestmom.blogspot.com/2010/01/bloody-mary.html
She just posted it. Must be in the air. I figured more of these stories happen at Halloween. Guess I know better now. I'm pretty sure I didn't hear the story until fifth grade.