Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




June 28, 2010

Good Morning?

Have you ever wondered what it's like to have a husband who coaches soccer and is gone overnight sometimes while you are up and down during the wee hours with twins who decide they want to party instead of sleep?

Well, I'll just put your curiosity to rest. It's not fun. Actually, it's probably one of the most hard and frustrating things ever to be by yourself in situations like that.


Let me just say I'm drinking a Mountain Dew on the way to 8:45 swim lessons and not feeling one bit guilty about it.


Not. One. Bit.


If a nap in any way, shape, or form presents itself today I am wrapping my arms around it and calling it my new best friend.

8 comments:

::lindsay said...

That. SUCKS.

I think you may need an IV drip for the Mtn. Dew....

Anonymous said...

i'm so sorry sarah. almost 8 months...you really deserve some good sleep by now. maybe it's time for that new bedroom :) do you think they're just light sleepers and wake each other up when they don't need to? or just in the habit of waking up? it couldn't hurt to try. i hope that nap comes today and that mountain dew keeps you going til you get there.

tharker said...

Drink on, sista!

Anonymous said...

Oof. I recommend a Dr. Pepper for the afternoon.

PRP said...

Yes, a Dr. Pepper is totally in order for the day.

I'm so sorry. I hope you are dreaming as I write this.

Lisa said...

Oh, Sarah, I'm sorry. I am one who needs. my sleep. And I've been blessed with two good sleepers. I can't imagine. Hang in there!

PDX Toveys said...

That's rough, but what doesn't kill you makes you STRONGER!!! Don't you feel strong? You're welcome to leave the babies/kids with us this Saturday and Sunday, Caleb and Alia would love it and I'm feeling pretty strong. I have a 12 hour energy drink for you to try. Caffeine is our friend.
~Molly

Sarah said...

Love ya Molly! Can't wait to see you guys this weekend.