So I guess I've done a post about the other children this week and the twins shouldn't be left out. What to say about these two little munchkins? Well, how about the three H's. They are some healthy, hefty, and happy boys. At their last doctor's appointment about a week and a half ago we got some more stats for the books:
7 months
Weight: 20.13 pounds (Both)
Height: Kale, 28.6 inches - Cooper, 28.4 inches
(I can never remember the head size measurements, I just know they have big noggins like their dad)
So I think that put them in the 90th percentile for weight, and high 80's for height. Or maybe it was the other way around. At any rate, they are some chunky monkeys and have fat rolls for days which are pretty much irresistibly squeezable.
They both have their two bottom teeth and grin at me all the time with their two little chompers showing. I love it! They follow me around in their walkers and pull on my pant legs, grab anything they can get their hands on and giggle and laugh at the the funny things the older kids do. They are rolling everywhere and it's hard to keep them in a contained area. They are sitting up for short periods of time by themselves. They love meal time (obviously) and as soon as they see me getting food ready, whether it's a bottle or baby food they start getting antsy and try to attack me. They have both started doing this pitiful/adorable little begging sound and you can't get them the food fast enough. They have already started to try and grab my fork and my food when I happen to be holding them during meal time. Yikes!
The days are still a challenge, especially now that it's summer break and it tends to be a little louder and more chaotic around here most of the time. I don't know what I'd do if they didn't like being in their walkers, those things are a life saver. Both boys like to be outside, so sometimes if I'm working in the yard I will just put their walkers out on the sidewalk so they can watch me and they are totally content. That's about the only way I can get anything done so I have to work fast while they're happy.
They do good sleep-wise if we stick to a good schedule, but any little disruption seems like it throws them off and takes a day or two to get back on track. I'm still getting by on sporadic sleep and trying to make the best of it. The nights that they don't wake up feels like such a treat.
I wish I had some better pictures of them but have been a pretty bad picture taker lately and just haven't got around to taking them. Here are a few:
{These first few are all of Kale, he was being cute so I just kept snapping away}


{Orange hat Kale, blue hat Cooper}
My next priority will be getting some pictures of those chunky legs.





5 comments:
lol i was just thinking I want to see those leggies! I love summer so i can pinch those legs!
i hear ya sarah. what those big babes don't damage while they're inside of you, they damage outside of you...wrists, back, and so on. but... it's kind of worth it in my opinion :) enjoy your 1st summer weekend and all the weeks that follow. they sure grow up in a blink of an eye...
Love those chubba legs! And seriously, is there anything cuter than a babe in just a onesie?
They are growing so fast! Oh, I want to squeeze them, they are so darn cute!
soooo glad they love the walkers. What a life saver...or back saver. working in your yard...? whats that?
Sarah, they are so cute. I love the picture of Kale grabbing his toes, you get a glimpse of the chubby legs there. You are amazing
Post a Comment