Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




August 2, 2010

August

Wow, August is here. This summer is flying by so fast for us. There are still so many things that we have been wanting to do that we haven't gotten around to yet. We are planning a trip to Silverwood here in the next few weeks for Kendle's birthday (she will be 8 which just seems impossible) and we've got a few other little day trips to pack in. I've been wanting to clean out and have a yard sale all summer long, so maybe this will be the week for that. Kendle starts golf lessons this week which I hope she enjoys and soccer will be starting up again for her in about two weeks. August is always such a busy month. My tomatoes are finally getting ripe and delicious and Morgan loves to help spot the red ones and pick them for me. That little guy needs his own little farm. Last night we relaxed outside and enjoyed watching Morgan pull the twins around the yard in his wagon while Riley cooked on the grill. They loved it. We turned the mister on and he pulled the babies through it and they all had a ball. Riley grilled us some delicious chicken accompanied by beans, biscuits and sweet corn on the cob with some strawberry lemonade to wash it all down. That is what summer is all about. I wish every day could be like that.








5 comments:

tharker said...

Love these pictures! (by the way...your grass is SO green!)

I can't believe that August is here already...but then again, I like that because August means it's my birthday! (yeah. i'm totally 5 years old.)

Anonymous said...

maybe we'll see you at silverwood sarah! i hate seeing summer come to an end, seriously HATE! seems like this one started later but we'll make the most of what we've got :) enjoy these long, warm, delicious summer days sar.

Anonymous said...

Those are some precious pictures. I love summer.

Unknown said...

Corn is one of my favorite parts of summer food! Especially when its BBQ'd. YUM!

Kris said...

I love a good evening in the backyard eating some yummy food with kids playing. These pictures of MOrgan dragging the twins around are so cute. August is a bitter sweet month!