With this freeeeeeezing cold, snowy weather we have had the last few days, I am so glad I made a few recent purchases that have come in handy to keep things toasty and warm around here.
These performance fleece lounge pants I bought a few weeks ago from Old Navy are seriously like wearing an electric blanket around.
They are THAT warm. Every time I put them on I think - man, these are the comfiest pants I've ever owned and I wish I had about ten pairs of them and that they were totally socially acceptable to wear everywhere. I'm going to watch for some after Christmas sales and see if I can snatch up another pair or two. Since I have a little longer legs, I opted to buy these in the tall size and am so glad I did. Nothing is worse than short legged pajama pants. I like when I can curl my feet up inside them if my feet get cold. Is that weird? My feet are like ice this time of year. Anything to help keep them warm is good by me.
My other favorite thing is this Back to Basics Cocoa-Latte Hot Drink Maker.
It is awesome. For the last few years I've tried finding these in stores with no luck, and then a few weeks ago I found one on Amazon for a great deal. {I just looked this morning and they still have them marked way down with free shipping.} These are great because it automatically shuts off when it reaches the perfect temperature and then automatically reheats when needed. So if you want to keep it plugged in all day for convenience to have a warm drink when the need hits you, it's always ready and waiting. It also has a frothing button which really takes it from plain hot cocoa to sooooo much better. Our family has absolutely loved it so far and we've used it non-stop the last few days. The little recipe book that came with it has some delicious recipes we've been trying out and one of our favorites so far just uses milk, brown sugar, butter, and a little vanilla. It tastes like a hot milkshake. YUM!
Anywho, just thought these were some good ideas if you didn't already have some of things you could sneak onto your wish list for Santa.
*Post Edit - I forgot to include links for these items so here they are:
Hot Drink Maker
Fleece Lounge Pants
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
Those pants and that hot cocoa maker looks awesome! Thanks for the good tips! Now I need some warm hot chocolate and comfy pants!
Santa might be bringing herself those two things after reading this.
Spencer would love that Hot Chocolate maker! I just might have to get one for him for Christmas...yummy!
We've gone through 2 of those Hot Chocolate makers. Seriously one of Darin's favorite things!
Ever since I've read this post, I've been looking at hot cocoa makers and coveting the frothy warmness that must come from them.Mmmmm...perfect for these nice snowy days.
Post a Comment