Morgan is such a cool little boy. He can go from being a little turkey to a sweetheart in two seconds flat. Tonight while we tucked the kids in and helped them say their prayers, I got kind of choked up to hear the words coming out of his little mouth that were so clear, humble, and sincere.
"Bless us that we won't be snarky to each other." (one of the words I use for being cranky, had to stifle a laugh on that one.)
"Help us that we can be good and kind to each other and do the right thing."
"Help me to be a good boy."
"I'm thankful for our home."
"I'm so thankful for my family."
I think I'd like him to stay a three year old for a long time. I love this age. Moments like this help me to forget how mad and "snarky" during sacrament meeting I was when he wouldn't sit still and kept talking really loudly. It makes me remember that he no longer has a lap to sit on during church or a free pair of hands to look at a picture book with him. It makes me feel so sad for all of the moments I lose my patience or don't take the opportunities to stop and play and pay attention to him.
I needed to hear that little prayer tonight to remind me of what is most important.
November 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


10 comments:
I hear ya! 3 year olds are so dang cute. Morgan is a great boy!
Too sweet. I love that little fella.
That is so precious. If only we could freeze time, right?
Oh, I forgot...
thanks for coming to the show! I hope you and Natalie had a great time!
awww. thats cute. i do the same thing. But my kids would say its worse than snarky. I took cam and jack to the bathroom and made them stand with their nose in a corner. WHAT IS IT WITH JUST SITTING IN CHURCH? I hope it gets better. I needed that prayer too....
Such a sweet boy.
So funny that Morgan used that word! Especially after I heard you say it the other night! Is that a real word? Is it wrong to want to record some of those prayers? :) sounds like I'd better take that kid to the park one of these days since he dropped his subtle hint and all :)
So funny that Morgan used that word! Especially after I heard you say it the other night! Is that a real word? Is it wrong to want to record some of those prayers? :) sounds like I'd better take that kid to the park one of these days since he dropped his subtle hint and all :)
I love that little guy!
This was so cute. Thanks for posting. Little kids make their bad mistakes better so quickly. Give him a squeeze from "cousin Porter!" :)
Post a Comment