Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




November 16, 2010

My Babies are 1!

Happy Birthday Cooper and Kale. Today you are officially 1 year old!

{How could your day not be a little brighter with happy little faces like this following you around everywhere?}

 
Kale Kruise Dodson



Cooper Channing Dodson


What a special year this has been for our family. It has very hard to put into words all of the emotions I have felt from the time we found out we were having twins, their birth and meeting them for the first time, and now watching them grow into charming boys. I worried that I wouldn't be up to the challenge. I worried I wouldn't have enough patience and love to go around. I worried that I would utterly fail at providing them with enough care and attention.

I am so relieved to say, that no matter what, even on the days that were not so easy, there was always enough love and attention to go around. These boys absolutely melt my heart and are just little sweethearts. Mischievous, curious, and busy - but sweethearts just the same. Every day they make us laugh and smile and I will be eternally grateful for the opportunity to be their mother.

Here are a few fun facts about their personalities and what they are each doing:

Cooper:
Likes to pick on his brother
Pulls hair
Usually the first one to get into something
Cutest smile ever
Walking
saying words like "uh oh" and "no, no" (the ones he hears most often)
Loves to eat Cheetos, yogurt, corn, potatoes, toast, and anything I'm eating
Favorite past time is pulling out all the chords from my computer drawer
Does not give up easily
Laughs like he gets your jokes
Loves to pull stuff out of the garbage

Kale
The teddy bear
Loves to walk up and lay his head on your leg and give hugs
Mr. Sensitive
Loves to get into big brother and sister's room and pull out toys and books
Likes to pull back the curtain by his bed in the morning and look outside
Walking/running
Saying words like "no, no" "ma, ma" "dad"
Likes to eat bananas, Cheetos, graham crackers, cheese, yogurt and whatever I'm eating
Is always hitting his head
Loves music
Has the cutest laugh


Cooper and Kale, we absolutely adore you!

You are the icing on our cake!

12 comments:

PRP said...

I can't believe it's been a year! I remember when you were newly pregnant and we were driving out to Cub Scout Camp and you said that you just felt so different, that you knew this pregnancy was a different than the ones before. I think it was the following week that you found out it was TWINS! Mother's intuition? Yeah, I think so.

It's been so fun watching you document their little lives. Happy Birthday Boys!

Unknown said...

Lucky boys to have an amazing Mama! I remember when we did IVF with Ivy and for those first few weeks imagining how our lives would be with twins. YIKES! I'm so impressed with how you have sailed through this first year! {although I'm sure it doesn't feel like that to you!} You are a strong lady Sarah! Happy Birthday Cooper and Kale!

hatch said...

I honestly cannot believe it has been a year already. They are so adorable!! Happy Birthday Cooper and Kale!!

Anonymous said...

I just can't help but laugh when I see those two together! Laying on their little pillows drinking their bottles in unison! Double the work but double the love....so much fun to be had in these next years ahead to come!

Nancie said...

YOU are amazing! raising twins..!!!
Its good that you write all this down on blogs, then you'll have it for later. Thats a wonderful trait. keep recording, I love to read it!
happy birthday boys!!!

PROUD MOMMY said...

Happy Birthday! This has been quite a year for all of you. You guys were pretty awesome before, but the twins are like the whipping cream and cherry on top of the sundae. Hope you have something fun planned...maybe like a trip to Lakewood, WA? haha.

Kris said...

These boys need a big squeeze from me. I LOVE this stage. Laughing, smiling, loving life. No real tantrums yet, just pure bliss. Enjoy it. I can't wait for the posts when they are walking! Ha! :) Happy birthday to the cutest boys around!

Sarah said...

Kristen, they've been walking for a few weeks. It's already crazy!

PDX Toveys said...

I hope you all had a great day celebrating your little angels birth! They are adorable. This was my favorite stage with my twins. I can't wait to chase after them during our Thanksgiving holiday in Irrigon.
Love, Molly

tharker said...

Happy Birthday Cooper and Kale! (a day late...)

They are such beautiful boys, and I can't believe it's been a YEAR!!

almond nuthouse said...

Happy Birthday!!
You are such a great mom sarah!! Congrats on making it through the first year!!! Happy Thanksgiving next week!

Marilyn said...

So hard to believe that they are already a year! They are handsome little guys!

Happy Birthday Boys!