Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




November 15, 2010

Quick Monday Note

So glad it's Monday again and we can get back to the normal routine. What an exhausting weekend we had. I am T-I-R-E-D. Stayed up till 2 in the morning Friday and Saturday night, babies not sleeping, Morgan keeping me awake with his barking seal cough laying on the floor next to my bed, and just trying to get caught up on everything that was pushed aside the last few days. I am feeling pretty run down, but as my dad would say - I'm keeping the fluids going and drinking plenty of OJ.

Riley's team heads to the final four this weekend in Lakewood and we will make one last busy week out of it. They play Friday afternoon and then if they win they play in the championship on Saturday and if they lose they play for third or fourth place. This week will be full of making arrangements and preparations and packing. Hopefully, we can make it an enjoyable weekend for everyone involved. It is exciting! What a great way to end the season.

I can't believe Thanksgiving is next week. I have so many projects and things to get done before then. I need just a few more hours in the day to get everything done. I'm looking forward to the good food and visiting with my family. I'm already craving my mom's delicious stuffing and pies.  Next week will be our first soccer free week and I couldn't think of a better way to top it off than Thanksgiving and enjoying a wonderfully relaxing weekend. It is crazy to think that last year during Thanksgiving we were struggling to tote two babies around and trying to survive with zero sleep. This year we will be chasing two walkers around who will be trying to get into everything. :)

2 comments:

tharker said...

To add insult to injury, we had a crazy windy night last night. Did you get any sleep??

Kris said...

You sound like me. Exhausted. Glad you had a fun weekend and sounds like you have a lot going on this week too. Turkey dinner is coming! I can't wait!