Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




January 3, 2011

2011


While contemplating the new resolutions I wanted to make for the year and spending much time and thought on the subject, I came up empty handed. There were too many things to narrow down into a small lump. So, I decided I wasn't going to make any. Instead I decided that 2011 is going to be the year that I make life style changes that will effect my health and happiness. It is easy to get bogged down with every day life and that feeling of defeat can easily start creeping up on me. I've realized that my overall health and attitude directly affect my husband, my children, and everyone I come in contact with.  I recently read an article that listed a few simple things to do daily to reduce stress, anxiety, and depression and promote an overall positive way to take the steps toward taking better care of yourself. They are simple things most of us try to do anyways, but when looking at them in a list for some reason, it just made more sense and looked like a manageable plan for making the changes I wanted to implement in my life.

*Eating a healthful balanced diet
*Exercising daily
*Meditation
*Breathing exercises to reduce stress
*Surrounding yourself with supportive friends and family
*Making sure you get enough sleep
*Planning pleasant events into your day
*Effective time management

These can easily be broken down into categories for:
Health and Fitness
Spirituality
Fun
Organization.

I think the hardest thing that I will try to manage is the planning pleasant events into your day part. I always feel like if I'm sitting down relaxing for more than five minutes I need to get up and do something else that needs to be done. Mom guilt? Yes, I have it.

So this year, I am going to strive to take a little more time working on Sarah, so that I can be and do better.  I feel like this is really going to be a good year for me.

3 comments:

PRP said...

I so hear you on the mom guilt. It's practically impossible for me to sit down and relax if all of my "stuff" isn't done. I drive myself crazy (and everyone around me!)

Here's to making changes that will make us happy. What a concept!

Marilyn said...

Great goals Sarah!

I love new years and fresh starts. Such a gift!

tharker said...

I like life style changes much better than resolutions. I always break resolutions, but if I actually change the way I do things they seem to stick better.

Great ideas Sarah!!