There is nothing quite like starting your day out with a baby that pooped in the bathtub the moment you left them to their own devices while you threw a load of laundry in to wash. Even worse is when you have two babies in the tub and you aren't sure which one did it, (although you have your suspicions).
It's moments like this, that as a mother warrior you have to:
A.) Pray neither baby ingested said disgustingness.
B.) Try to extract both babies out of the gross bath water without letting any of that toxic goo touch your hands.
C.) Try to figure out the most sanitary and least gag worthy way to clean the tub and restore it to it's clean and bathe worthy state.
This is definitely one of the least glamorous moments of being a mom. No one is there to give you a big pat on the back for the fact that you didn't dry heave your way through the extraction process. There's no high fives for the way you got both sopping wet naked babies dried and dressed in record time so they didn't pee or have another accident all over the floor after you literally had to run, slide across the wood floors in your socks, and chase them down as they sprinted away leaving little wet footprints everywhere.
I would say by 9:00 this morning, I accomplished a feat way above my pay grade. I deserve a raise.
January 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


12 comments:
I hate to be a top that girl, but......I think taking a bath with baby WHEN they poop tops that. And then there's cleaning the tub, refilling it, and surprise...more poop! :):):) just gotta laugh!
Sarah that is what I dreaded the most when my kids were babies. You are awesome and I think you at least deserve a fun night out after that one.
Ewww. That's the worst. That's really when you wish there was a garbage disposal in the tub so you didn't have to touch it.
I think you get a night out too. That counts as a pay raise for me most of the time. =)
I second that motion - you deserve a raise fo' sho'.
ok I thought my day was kinda rough but you win hands down on that one!
I just gagged and had that throw-up taste in my mouth! Thanks a lot! ha
oh, that brings back many memories of cute little Halle. She used do that EVERY TIME we put her in the bath (with Morgan of course) until Morgan finally refused to bathe with her. It is nasty. Good work, and here's a big pat on the back, and a quick high five from kennewick.
Oh, poop in the bathtub! Well at least both babies didn't do it ;)
Eva has yet to poop in the tub, but trust me, I know my days are numbered...
Look at Rachel! I love you Rach!
This is funny! I have done this way too many times too. Colton has gotten worse with pooping in the bathtub as he's gotten older! UGH. Same thing, Porter won't get in the bath with him anymore! So it's funny! You deserve a raise for sure!
I've never had a pooper in the tub.
I've had so many moments though when you feel like, "I really am a mom". Like when you get pooped or puked on yourself!
it really is the worst thing. I gagged every time Ivy did that. ugh, I'm gagging just thinking about it.
Post a Comment