Do you ever have one of those weeks where nothing seems to be going right? Well, that was my week last week and on through the weekend. I'm hoping that ends today. I have been pretty exhausted lately and last night was another sleepless night up and down with Cooper from about 2:30 in the morning until 6:00 or so. I just feel like I've got absolutely nothing left on mornings like this. No energy to be "fun mom" or "happy mom" or "productive mom". The only thing that keeps me moving is the fact that it would be way more work to let things go for a day and then have to do damage control than to just stay with it and do what needs to be done today. So why am I so tired you ask? I think it has something to do with these two.
Busy doesn't even begin to describe these guys. I think this picture speaks for itself. Look at those mischievous little grins. They are learning to climb up on everything now. 14 months and they've figured out how to stand on other things to get up on the bench. They can pull themselves up on the couch. They can maneuver toys or other things to reach up and turn off light switches. They can stand on their tip-toes and reach the door knob on the front door. Yikes! They are also both teething again, slobbery, and cranky. They haven't been sleeping good at night like they have been and it's taking it's toll. Kale is usually my go-to easy sleeper, but even he has been waking up and crying.
Riley has to go overnight to Seattle for work again this week and those days are always hard. Especially when we have another day off from school this Friday. I really enjoyed the beautiful weather we had this weekend where I could send the kids outside and give myself somewhat of a break.
It's going to be a long week, but I'm hoping to make it a better week than the last! Those babies just need to let me get some sleep!



8 comments:
I'm praying for you.
"Aunt Nan's gonna pank your bums! Go to sleep for your momma!"
Little stinkin' cuties!
I'm sure they are so busy and so much work, but oh Sarah they are so stinkin cute!
Hope you have a better week!
Oh, man...those little faces. They're just so cute, even if you're exhausted, at least they can bring a smile to your face at any second!
I hope you get some sleep SOON!
Oh Sarah. I am so sorry and I feel you. I was beyond tired last night as we were getting the kids into bed and I lost it. I hate it when I don't act like the mom I want to be. That lack of sleep thing is the worst and Riley being out of town stinks. I hope your week goes OK, but remember to not be too hard on yourself if it doesn't. You are an awesome mom!! And the twins are darling :)
Sounds like it might be time for an Aunt Debbie rescue? I have nothing going on tomorrow, nothing until 3:30 on Wednesday...my Thursday is busy all day, but my Friday is back to nada. Maybe Kendle and Morgan could come stay the night Wed? And I could come up and take the babies off your hands for a bit on one of the other days? I'm feeling pretty housy, so you name it and I can do it.
Oops - I meant Kendle and Morgan stay the night THURSDAY, since there is no school on Friday.
Those boys are busy, and so adorable! I hope you are able to sleep tonight.
I love their Jammers! Keep your chin up Sarah you are doing awesome!
Post a Comment