Words To Live By:

"The block of granite which was an obstacle in the path of the weak, becomes a stepping stone in the path of the strong."




January 11, 2011

Swollen

Kendle started getting a puffy eye Sunday night, and I thought - eh, it's probably just from her rubbing at it and gave her some Benadryl and sent her to bed. Next day, same thing. So this morning we took her in to the doc and sure enough she has pink eye. I guess it's been making it's rounds through the school and community. She's not allowed back at school today and so once again I'm cleaning and disinfecting and trying to wipe every light switch, door handle and surface down in hopes that no one else gets it. I'm making her wash her hands every time she even comes close to touching her eye. And the bummer is she has her first basketball practice tonight which she was super excited about, but we'll just be watching from the sidelines tonight I suppose. One thing I've learned from this experience - Kendle and puffy eyes  make for one very cranky girl. I think my third grader needs a nap.

5 comments:

hatch said...

Poor Kendle, that is not fun at all. I hear it is making the rounds. Yuck! Feel better soon Kendle.

PROUD MOMMY said...

Pink eye is the worst and it spreads like wild fire. One time the boys had it in both eyes and then chip got it so he couldn't teach either. Everytime someone starts rubbing their eyes I break out in a cold sweat.

tharker said...

So sad for Kendle!!

Anonymous said...

Bummer. May the rest of you not get it!

Kris said...

So much for you lasting 2 weeks without getting sick! :) I took Colton to the Dr. last night, and they sent me to the hospital to get an X-Ray of his chest. He has the beginning of phenomia and has been sick for quite some time. We had to give him breathing treatments a couple of times last night! Crazy. Hope Kendle is doing better by now!